pool heater

I have a Pentair MiniMax pool heater. it's fairly new (5 years or under) and been working well, but I just noticed that the temp. reads "high", which according to the manual means that the pool is above 104 degrees, which the pool is no where close to, I've turned the whole thing on and off, powered it down and back on, still reads "high". and because it reads "high" it won't turn any heat on. Any suggestions?
thanks,
Lloyd
On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 22:20:30 -0700 (PDT), lloyd

I bet the thermo sensor is bad. I had to replace mine. I think there is a site on the net that has the resistance at various temperatures. I know I had mine jumpered out with a resistor that tricked it into going. Just don't leave it that way.
On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 01:43:26 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Right. I had a friend who left it like this when he went away and his pool boiled dry.
Just kidding.

I was just worried about my bank account boiling dry. A few extra degrees in the pool can mean a lot of money down the drain. In real life I don't use the heater very often anyway., My solars do a pretty good job any time it's warm enough to get in the pool.