Pool filter sand replacement

How often? We use the cleaner gunk twice a year.

If you ask in a place that wants to sell you the sand it's usually once a year.
Common sense and my own experience says every 3 or 4 years works just as well.
I don't know what cleaner gunk is but if you're using it to clean the sand, you are wasting your time and money.
Oh, also I'm in NJ, the pool gets used 4 months a year. That could make a difference.

Thanks. That is what I was thinking

I'm in Indiana so it is about the same.