Pool filter/pump?

I've been running my filter for the last week straight as I've been getting it ready for the summer by cleaning it, etc. Well today everything was perfect so we went swimming in the pool and the water level was a little high and began to splash over the side of the pool near where the filter is located. Suddenly it just stopped. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and nothing, no juice. Did the pump blow or something? Or does it have some sort of shut off feature? This didn't happen last season.
It's a Hayward pump...any input would be appreciated...thanks.
[...]

I don't know if you guys top-post or not, so I apologize if bottom-posting is considered "rude."
It's possible that there's an automatic shut-off, but I know that mine doesn't do that. It cut off once, and it turned out to have a fuse on the inside that apparently blew when it got so wet that it was about to short.
Just a thought, but I would try turning it off for about 30 minutes (maybe even killing the breaker if you can), then try turning it back on. If it doesn't come on, there's probably a fuse or a reset button somewhere to try.
Good luck,
Jason
Thank you! I hope it's just a fuse or something thank you for the advice!
Jason wrote:

I bet you just tripped the GFCI. It may be a receptacle with a test and reset button or a breaker with a test button (turn all the way off to reset). Once things dry out it should reset.