Pool Cover - Use Filter Pump?

I am wondering if it is possible to use the pool filter pump to pump the rain water of the cover. Anyone tried this?
-KJ

other than the plumbing/priming issues I do not see why not. Seems like a lot of work to me. I personally would go by a subermersiable pump and plug it in, .......... gfci'd of course.