Pool Cleaning Problem

I have a Kreepy that has worked fine but yesterday noticed it was not moving. The hose had worked its way loose from the skimmer and was detached. I reattached it but found that the pressure on the filter gauge was quite high and the Kreepy still didn't move. I detached the skimmer hose and found that there was little to no suction at the skimmer. Did the skimmer swallow something that is clogging the line? Or is there something else I just don't know? I backflushed the filter for a few seconds but the result was the same.
Thank you. skim
A few seconds? Backwash the filter properly, then come back and tell us the results. We'll go from there. Tom snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com wrote:

On 26 Jul 2006 08:03:14 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com"

I have had my vacuum injest a thermometer once that came apart and sunk. I was able to fish it out with a long wire with a hook on it. Turn the pump off first

Also, chek the trap at the end other end of your skimmer hose and see if there isn't a lot crud in there. Leaves will eventually block this.