pool add-on timing

There's a lot going on there. I would draw up what you want done and the layout and ask your pool contractor what they think the order of things should be.

Sounds like you have a very nice back yard !

Reply to
roger61611

All,

I'm having a pool built by a general contractor and want to know which phase of construction is best for doing the following. I am having the pool built by pros but I want to do the little stuff myself to save money and have fun. The phases of the pool are approximately:

Layout Excavation Steel Plumbing Electrical Gunite Pre-Grade Decking Tile Final Grade Screen Startup Cleanup

When should I do these:

  1. Re-routing and repairing sprinklers that the excavators destroyed - Four of five zones ran through backyard and were severed

  1. Laying PVC for irrigation/lighting of poolside planters - I want to put down PVC under the decking/concrete so that I can later run drip lines and power.

  2. PVC up through decking for a gas line later (a fire pit of some kind)

TIA!

cj

Reply to
Chris Jarshant

===================================== JUST THINK....of what you might add to your yard in the next 40 years...and plan now.

I put my pool in in 1972.... and over the years I added a 24x40 foot garage and a 24x24 foor workshop in the back yard...plus two pretty big fish ponds...

The only thing I really screwed up on is that now I can not add water to one of the fish ponds without dragging out a water hose...not a bif deal BUT if I had installed something like a 4 inch PVC pipe under the walkways etc I could have ran a water line under the walkway or decking...

When I installed my pool skimmer lines and return lines I installed DOUBLE lines to them ....the second line is connected but is easily reached outside the decking area so if one failed I did not have to do any tunneling or brealing up the concrete to get to the skimmers etc....yes it ran me about 30 extra bucks for the PVC ...never needed them...but still money well spent...

plan ahead so you can add electric or water 25 years from now to the other side of the pool area IF YOU CAN...

Bob G. How was I to know that I would get into serious woodworking and collecting cars back in the early 70's ...and the ponds were added to eleminate cutting grass in a couple fo difficult to mow areas...of the lawn...

Reply to
Bob G.