Polyutherane question

Hello:

I will be using this on raw pine wood. Question I have is that of the three livel of shines usually available(gloss, semi, and satin) do they all protect the same, and have the same ease of cleaning, especially if this piece is in the kitchen, or is it nor relavent to the type of sheen? I will be using three coats of the quick dry variety.

Much regards Jerry

Reply to
J.Lef

They all protect pretty much the same, but, IMO, the gloss cleans a bit easier.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

What is used to lower sheen soften it as well, for a floor use gloss for first base coats. For furniture it wont matter much

Reply to
m Ransley

Actually, the added flattener is harder than the polyurethane. I'm curious as to your source of it making the cured film softer.

Thanks.

Reply to
Baron