Polyurethane

It's been years since I polyurethane anything. Where can I find an on-line resource to read before I start this project?

Reply to
Dick Adams

Read the instructions on the can?

If, however, you are talking about nice furniture and want a truly nice finish, you put on one thinned coat, then two coats from the can, let it cure for at least two weeks. Then wet sand it with 400 wet or dry, then pumice, then rottenstone, then wax. It will look like a professional finish, not plastic.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

You might check Varathane's site. Or call them with questions. I did.

Most important rule.... do not shake it.

I used their water based products and it came out great. You have to do more coats though than with their solvent based polyurethane.

Reply to
Art