Polymeric sand warning

I used the high performance (best quality) sand to fill the cracks in a flagstone patio. (2 inches sand underneath). It is suppose to be like cement when dry and hard rubber when wet according to the adds. Wrong! When it rains it turns to sticky mush that can easily be dug out by a child's toe when just walking. When dry it is hard, but it keeps flaking off bits of sand that is constantly tracked into the house. And yes I went by directions and I had 4 days of low humidity and 90 degree heat for curring. In short, you will regret it if you use polymeric sand for your flagstone joints. mes.
MES Jones wrote:

I used plain ordinary sandbox sand for my patio and it worked out perfectly fine. My neighbor's still using a patio made from those inexpensive thin patio bricks laid on a plain sand base back in the early 1960s. The bricks are starting to crumble a bit, but otherwise it's still in good shape. That's what made me decide I didn't need designer sand for mine.
HellT