Political signs

I've read otherwise.

you simply have "failure" etched into your brain. But liberals/leftists want the US to fail.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Having been there- done that [not in Iraq, but in another unpopular war zone long ago and far away] I think I speak with authority that what a Marine/soldier/Airman says when some reporter shoves a microphone in his face has to be taken with some bitter salt.
Part of this is that the law, UCMJ, forbids dissension of any kind.
Another good part of their reason for supporting the war is pure survival. You don't get up every morning and do your job well unless you believe in it. If you don't do your job well in a war zone you die. And God knows. . . As screwed up as the policy of being in Iraq is; where the boots meet the ground, there is no question in my mind that we have be best disciplined, hardest working, smartest, badass MFing fighting force in the world.
The real question might be 'Do the soldiers in Afghanistan think invading and occupying Iraq was a good idea.' Ask in private and promise not to use names.
Or just wait for a year or two out of the war zone to ask any soldier. Makes it tough with this crew as they don't get 2 years with their families before they are back in 'war mode'.

Yeah- I bought the whole domino theory hook, line & sinker. Or was I just 17 and looking for adventure?
In what war zone did you serve? Or are you just a Usenet warrior?
Jim E

you obviously don't know what "genocide" means.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Because we destroyed all structure that kept them in line. And replaced it with nothing.

Why do they want us out then. They have made that clear.

Yeah. I saw the video of them toppleing the statue. Then I found out that it was staged by the military.

Well Pakistan has a bunch of them. Why don't you pack up the Winnebago?
Good Riddance.
olddog
retired54 wrote:

Somebody said we created more terrorists than we've killed. We've killed thousands - maybe even scores of thousands. There are, as you suggest, some known to be in Pakistan. But only a piddly few hundred.
Where's the thousands? The tens of thousands? Unless someone can provide some census, I'll have to conclude the statement that "we've created more terrorists than we've killed" is some throw-away line designed to end the discussion without a scintilla of proof.

you're not gone yet cowboy?
retired54 wrote:

Not yet.
Before I leave this mortal coil, I pray for the opportunity to kill more enemies of this great republic.
When I've reached 100 confirmed dead goblins, I'll consider my work here done. If everybody had a similar goal, the world would be the right place to be.

Be sure to get the ones under your bed.
G'nite cowboy.
olddog
retired54 wrote:

First place I looked. Then the rest of the house.
Right now, I'm casting a suspicious eye on my neighbor.
Look, I'm just trying to make this world a better place. Surely you can't criticize my motives...

It's pretty simple. There were none before we invaded. We made most of them, and a few came for the fun.

There's a wonder republican christian attitude.

They are the ones we killed. There were virtually no terrorists in Iraq before we invaded.
Bob F wrote:

Okay, but they didn't just miracle themselves there. They came from somewhere! And wherever they came from now has fewer terrorists.
Now it could be they were responsible, respected citizens and the appearance of American troops inspired them to take up arms. If so, then they had some gene or indoctrination that overwhelmed their common sense. Whether nature or nurture, we need to stamp that out too.
The goal here is to kill terrorists. It doesn't matter where they came from or how they came to be terrorists. We must guarantee a future for them that includes dead.

long before Bush got into office. don't forget WTC I.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

That's not what the U.S. intelligence estimates say at all. But obviously, you know better than they do.

If you've got a bumper sticker I'd get a kick out of putting it on my '55 Stude :)
nate
This is usenet! You can't have useful information transmtited, here!
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

The way he shuffles about, some wonder if he'll make it to this election.
http://images.theage.com.au:80/2008/10/16/236440/svMCCAIN-420x0.jpg