Political signs

Page 3 of 11

Really? No foreigners hate Bush? At all? Especially not ones with weapons and no moral compunctions about killing those that they feel are deserving of same?
nate

Really? No foreigners hate Bush? At all? Especially not ones with weapons and no moral compunctions about killing those that they feel are deserving of same?
****************************************************************8
Everyone I know who's been overseas in the last several years has indicated that the people they've talked to are appalled by the actions of the Bush administration.
Us citizens abroad are certain less safe than they were before. But then, who can afford to travel anymore?

They want us gone? That's news to me.
snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net wrote:

Then you aren't paying attention. The Iraqi government has specifically requested that we start setting up firm timetables for withdrawal.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Nate Nagel wrote:

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1851981,00.html
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Nate Nagel wrote:

I wish more people, regardless of their political leanings, would understand that soldiers are not policemen. The sooner the Iraqi government gets it's police forces together, the sooner American troops can leave the area. Right now, The Iraqi Police are not quite up to the task of securing the country. I wish they would hurry up. Our troops are leaving more areas of Iraq right now but it's not an overnight job.
TDD

The person I think should be Sec of Defense in ANY upcoming administration, but won't be, suggests that that is not necessarily true. I commend to you the writings of Thomas P.M. Barnett, especially his book The Pentagon's New Map. He suggests that the US Armed Forces should essentially morph into two separate groups. The Leviathan that has the current military goal of killing people and breaking things and the "Sys_Admin" part that is heavily on the Civil to work to put the things the Leviathan is forced break back together again. Iraq suggests that we are probably among the best in the world on Leviathan side, but the Sys-Admin parts need substantial work. A Cliff Notes version of Dr. Barnett's thesis, and the thinking behind it can be found at: http://globetrotter.berkeley.edu/people5/Barnett/barnett-con0.html
The Daring Dufas wrote:

OOPS! I made a mistake. I should have written "its police forces" rather than "it's". Silly me.
TDD

That was always a goal of the US;to withdraw. "firm timetables" are just a gift to the terrorists.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

So when are we going to withdraw? It's been going on six years, what have we accomplished since the initial invasion and the capture of Saddam? Are we significantly closer to being able to execute a graceful withdrawal than we were five years ago? Why did we even invade in the first place and take our eye off the ball in Afghanistan? How would *you* feel if a foreign military had been occupying your country for that long? (especially absent any previous aggression)
(crickets)
face it, your hero is a FAILURE and the sooner he is out of the White House the sooner we can get back to rebuilding our own country.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

you simply have "failure" etched into your brain. But liberals/leftists want the US to fail.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

LOL!!
Jim Yanik wrote:

Nope
What does that have to do with me? (hint: I am neither a liberal or a leftist, and would rather vote for Zombie Goldwater than either of the two candidates running for prez this time around.)
YOU want the US to fail by continuing Bush's policies of failure.
I just want a government that doesn't lie to me (and the rest of the world) doesn't start wars for no reason and commits enough resources to a job to finish it. IS that too much to ask?
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Yup.
Obama has lied to you BIG time. He's counting on the "useful idiots",too,who only hear what he says and don't bother examining his past record.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

Bush has lied to me (and you!) too. So has McCain. The only difference between them is the intent of their lies.
We've already seen where Bush's lies have taken us. McCain simply will tell you whatever you want to hear to get elected; I have no idea what his true agenda is. Obama is simply a Democrat; that's bad, but that's less bad than the devil I don't know.
The real problem is people like you who refuse to accept that you've been lied to and manipulated.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

(in part) because he was younger and had less of a track record in lying to us? That would seem to be the devil you don't know.

condescending at worst. Those who refuse to accept YOUR view of reality are lied to and manipulated.
Kurt Ullman wrote:

I *do* know that Bush and McCain have PROVEN themselves to have no integrity. What I *don't* know is what they are trying to accomplish. (well, I suspect that Bush was influenced by the PNAC. I haven't a clue what McCain wants, except to simply be President.)
Obama is trying to move policy in a leftwardly direction. We *know* this. This is not completely bad; so long as the more reasonable elements of Congress can at least get him to lower corporate tax rates, there's really nothing wrong with, say, reasonable progressive personal income taxes or health care reform.

No, anyone who still thinks that Bush is a good President or McCain has any integrity *has* been lied to and manipulated. If that sounds condescending so be it, but the evidence is plain and readily available to anyone who is willing to do more than simple watch Fox News.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

either one's health care reform. It ain't remotely what is needed.

Again, anyone who disagrees you with has been manipulated. The Stepford Voter, so to speak. Real interesting in light of your response to Jim a couple of posts ago.
Kurt Ullman wrote:

True dat... true dat.

Do you deny that Bush/Cheney lied us into war or that McCain has completely reversed his position on many issues since Y2K (or even more recently, e.g. torture) most of them for the worse, in a clear attempt to pander to the ignorant Bush core voter bloc?
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Are Bush Cheney signs useful for anything?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus