Political signs - What to do with them after the election?

In a couple days we'll have plenty of signs going in the scrap. What to do with them? Use the metal for wiring up mufflers? The cardboard to patch holes in the wall?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Turn the sign around and put your yardsale sign message on the backside.

Reply to
Bob F

If it's a Obama sign a republican will be glad to take care of it for you.

olddog

Reply to
retired54

Save the McCain ones. He might want to try again in 2012.

If at first you don't succeed...

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Better yet, save it for fuel in the coming depression. Biden's economic and foreign policies have been almost total failures. He never learns. Wouldn't be much of a problem if Obama actually had a plan.

Reply to
Michael Dobony

Watch the new Frontline episode "Heat". I don't think either one of them have a clue. Scary shit.

olddog

Reply to
retired54

I dunno, SWMBO is a policy analyst and seems to be impressed by Obama's grasp of at least the mechanics of evaluating policy, and his ability to translate that into layman's terms. Now whether his policies are actually good or not is something else...

nate

Reply to
N8N

I dunno, SWMBO is a policy analyst and seems to be impressed by Obama's grasp of at least the mechanics of evaluating policy, and his ability to translate that into layman's terms. Now whether his policies are actually good or not is something else...

nate

Yeah...."She" is probably right. Obama is adjusting to the fact that ethanol is a failed energy alternative that would probably result in more green house gas. But, he was in favor of ethanol because Illinois is a corn producing state. IOW, politics as usual.

Right now Obama is just saying whatever is to his political advantage, but, so is McCain.

I'm voting Obama, but mostly because the alternative, Bomb, Bomb, Bomb Iran/Caribou Barbie ticket, is unthinkable.

olddog

Reply to
retired54

Technology to the rescue.

We had ACRES of 500-2000 pound bombs left after Vietnam. In the past few years, however, GPS guidance systems have been retrofitted to this ordinance. These new bombs can now land within three feet of the intended target at a cost of $NotMuch per bomb.

With the inherent precision, instead of multiple sorties per target, we now enjoy multiple targets per sortie! There is no practical limit to what we can destroy!

Outstanding!

So, the new motto: "Bomb, baby, bomb!"

Reply to
HeyBub

Yeah. I save mine for reuse. I think, however, my collection of "Goldwater '64" material may be useless.

Oh well.

Reply to
HeyBub

The bigger ones work well as Blankets for the homeless?

Reply to
jim

If you've got a bumper sticker I'd get a kick out of putting it on my '55 Stude :)

nate

Reply to
N8N

Peace!

olddog

Reply to
retired54

we should use all thje signs to burn the bush / republican likenesses ...........

they have trashed our country and ruined our international reputation

Reply to
hallerb

I don't think Obama signs would put out useful heat. Rather, they would take heat from the rich, and use most of that heat to keep the White House warm, and you'd get a tiny warm feeling.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'll admit, that I'm rather nervous.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

McCain may end up like the Clinton body count list, he might not be alive to see the next election.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

This is usenet! You can't have useful information transmtited, here!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Oh bother! Peace never settled anything. Americans traditionally love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle. When you were kids, you all admired the champion marble shooter, the fastest runner, big league ball players, the toughest boxers. Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Americans play to win all the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost, and will never lose a war... because the very thought of losing is hateful to Americans.

And, like the space program, we have to consider the advances generated by military activity. Like, uh, up-armored Humvees and, uh, other things.

Reply to
HeyBub

That's why you're going to lose.

olddog