Political signs

Page 1 of 11
In a couple days we'll have plenty of signs going in the scrap. What to do with them? Use the metal for wiring up mufflers? The cardboard to patch holes in the wall?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Turn the sign around and put your yardsale sign message on the backside.
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z95/dollymadis/image002.jpg
tom wrote:

I saw a similar:
"Colored & Dullard"

If it's a Obama sign a republican will be glad to take care of it for you.
olddog
On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 17:41:55 GMT, retired54 wrote:

Better yet, save it for fuel in the coming depression. Biden's economic and foreign policies have been almost total failures. He never learns. Wouldn't be much of a problem if Obama actually had a plan.

Watch the new Frontline episode "Heat". I don't think either one of them have a clue. Scary shit.
olddog

I dunno, SWMBO is a policy analyst and seems to be impressed by Obama's grasp of at least the mechanics of evaluating policy, and his ability to translate that into layman's terms. Now whether his policies are actually good or not is something else...
nate

I dunno, SWMBO is a policy analyst and seems to be impressed by Obama's grasp of at least the mechanics of evaluating policy, and his ability to translate that into layman's terms. Now whether his policies are actually good or not is something else...
nate
================================================== Yeah...."She" is probably right. Obama is adjusting to the fact that ethanol is a failed energy alternative that would probably result in more green house gas. But, he was in favor of ethanol because Illinois is a corn producing state. IOW, politics as usual.
Right now Obama is just saying whatever is to his political advantage, but, so is McCain.
I'm voting Obama, but mostly because the alternative, Bomb, Bomb, Bomb Iran/Caribou Barbie ticket, is unthinkable.
olddog
retired54 wrote:

Technology to the rescue.
We had ACRES of 500-2000 pound bombs left after Vietnam. In the past few years, however, GPS guidance systems have been retrofitted to this ordinance. These new bombs can now land within three feet of the intended target at a cost of $NotMuch per bomb.
With the inherent precision, instead of multiple sorties per target, we now enjoy multiple targets per sortie! There is no practical limit to what we can destroy!
Outstanding!
So, the new motto: "Bomb, baby, bomb!"

http://www.sonyclassics.com/whywefight /
Peace!
olddog
we should use all thje signs to burn the bush / republican likenesses ...........
they have trashed our country and ruined our international reputation
retired54 wrote:

Oh bother! Peace never settled anything. Americans traditionally love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle. When you were kids, you all admired the champion marble shooter, the fastest runner, big league ball players, the toughest boxers. Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Americans play to win all the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost, and will never lose a war... because the very thought of losing is hateful to Americans.
And, like the space program, we have to consider the advances generated by military activity. Like, uh, up-armored Humvees and, uh, other things.

That's why you're going to lose.
olddog
olddog wrote:

Better to lose an election than lose a war.
When studying the Democrat's positions, I'm reminded of Dan Quayle's observation: "A mind is a terrible thing to lose."

we lost the war in iraq the day it started.
olddog

We won the war, what we are having problems with is winning the peace. If you look at past history, this is not an unusual occurrence is US history.

What did *you* win other than a huge national debt?
I've never been concerned with winning "freedom" for people just because they happen to be sitting on a huge oil reserve.
I'd rather win the war on "oil addiction". Your war just perpetuates the life style of excess that our planet can't sustain.
Yeah you won.
olddog
retired54 wrote:

## We got to kill lots and lots of goblins. Priceless.

## Germany invaded Russia for oil. Japan attacked Pearl Harbor so the country could have uninterrupted access to oil in the Dutch East Indies. Access to oil is a time-tested excuse for going to war.

## Every time I hear someone long for a simpler time, a less complicated life, a revel in the serenity of nature's basics, I have one word:
Dentistry.

Not yet. We don't have ALL the oil.

You really need to watch the Frontline episode "Heat". Dude...were all screwed!
Keep hiding your head in the sand but it's going to catch up with you or your kids. The earth can only support so many American life styles. China, India and Micro Indonesia are taking over. Right now they are going through the same growing pains America is still growing through. Manhattan, Florida, parts of Texas, New Jersey etc...are going to be under water. For Christ sake it's already happening. Something is happening and if we don't wake up and address it we're doomed. Personally, I hold little hope for the future of mankind. Call me a kook but the evidence is here now.
Some people say technology holds the answer. I think we all need to curb our expectations and learn how to live with less. Conserve, recycle, move close to work or quit, walk to the store, ride your bike. We're too damn fat anyway. Keep your appliances turn off or down. Quit having so many damn babies. We don't have to rely on technology for the answer when it's our over indulgent life styles that is the problem.
I've drastically cut back on my gasoline, electrical and natural gas usage by keeping lights off and the thermostat up high in the summer and cooler in the winter. I'm always turning things off and unplugging things. I walk to the store when possible. But I don't see anybody else doing a god damn thing. They drive around in their SUVs like nothings happening. They just don't get it and I don't expect anything to change
olddog (aka kook)