Polishing silestone

We are building a new house and have installed Silestone kitchen countertops. When the installers put the countertops in place, they used a cut-off grinder with masonry cutting wheel to cut out the holes in the countertop for the cooktop and the sinks.
They left the scrap pieces of Silestone with me. I want to use these scraps to make a table top, a board on which to knead dough, and a top to put outside next to my charcoal grill.
Problem is the edges of the Silestone scraps are rough.
The installers had to cut a couple of my backsplashes and they polished the cut ends using what looked like sanding discs on the cut- off grinder. I think that all I need to polish the edges of the Silestone scrap is something like a buffing disk with different grits -- start with maybe 60 grit, go to 180 or 220 or more as the Silestone is polished.
Anyone out there know how to do this??
Thanks.
Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names wrote:

Think you answered your own question. Have you googled your question?
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can\'t make them THINK"

you have to use much more fine grits. 120, 240, 400, 600, 800, 1500, 3000, and final buffs are used. you can get them in places that sell to granite polishers. for example,
http://tinyurl.com/594ey7
regards, charlie http://glassartists.org/ChaniArts
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/polishing-silestone-307402-.htm Andrey wrote:
charlie wrote:

There are many advantages when you use Silestone: the surface, that is made from natural quartz, is very resistant to stains and scratches, and tends to fluid intake.
Source:
http://www.naturstein-profi.com /