Police: Nude Man Hides Awl in Buttocks

Page 1 of 3

Police: Nude Man Hides Awl in Buttocks By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS Published: November 3, 2006 Filed at 7:47 p.m. ET
EL CERRITO, Calif. (AP) -- A naked man was arrested on suspicion of carrying a concealed weapon after telling police he had a screwdriver in his buttocks. The man was lying on a tree stump masturbating beside a nature path near the El Cerrito Bay Area Rapid Transit station Thursday, police said.
John Sheehan, 33, of Pittsburg was initially arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure. But when asked if he was carrying anything police should know about, Sheehan mentioned the tool, said El Cerrito Detective Cpl. Don Horgan.
''You can't get much more concealed than that,'' Horgan said.
Officers drew their weapons and firefighters were called to the scene, but Sheehan removed a 6-inch metal awl wrapped in black electrical tape without incident.
Sheehan, who was paroled from state prison last week, was then booked into the county jail in Martinez on suspicion of parole violations, indecent exposure and one felony count of possessing a concealed weapon.
''When you're talking about an awl or an ice pick and you're dealing with somebody who's fresh out of prison, it's a weapon. That's a stabbing instrument,'' Horgan said.
He noted that the rear end is a common hiding place for weapons being smuggled into prison.
It was not immediately clear what Sheehan was on parole for.
This has GOT to be a case of a guy who missed his nice warm cell...

TinyURL was created! The following URL:
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/local/states /california/northern_california/15924495.htm
has a length of 104 characters and resulted in the following TinyURL which has a length of 25 characters: http://tinyurl.com/ybhgkf [Open in new window]
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

This story was covered in the tx.guns newsgroup under the heading: "Naked man charged with concealed weapon."
And the above lede is incorrect: The suspect did NOT have a screwdriver "in his buttocks." He had it hidden in his rectum. And it wasn't a screwdriver; it was an awl.
HeyBub wrote:

And an awl is far from the oddest or most dangerous things to be shoved up there (and in vaginas). Razor blades and syringes are only the beginning.
Harry K
<piggybacking>
HeyBub wrote:
<snip>

An "awl in the hole"? That very nearly rhymes. How creepy. What, pray tell, was the electrical tape for, I wonder? "Texture"? :-?
--
L8r,
Uncle Clover the AntiTwink

The inferior gastrointestinal orifice is properly called an awlhole :-)

A shuck.
Stick a sharp, pointy thing up there some time and see if you don't feel wrapping the point up in electrical tape is a good idea.
What, pray tell,

CW wrote:

Well, the guy's condition was definately awl-full.
<tap, tap> Hey, is this thing on?
Seriously, the point everyone is missing here (so to speak) is that the guy was one week out of prison and most likely homeless. Because we don't provide jack for transition services, a good way to insure the recidivism rate stays very high.
The guy was carrying a concealed weapon because as a parolee he couldn't have one openly, but probably felt he needed something sleeping outdoors at night. Same reason he was masturbating on the "nature trail" (which is a pretty funny name, if you've ever strolled the little trash strewn dirt path that runs along the Bart line in El Cerrito). A halfway house would have meant the public was safer, this guy was safer, and we wouldn't be paying the greater expense of running him through a trial and incarcerating him.
So let's all laugh, ha ha, at the guy, and ignore that he's some poor homeless fuck that we'll be blowing tens of thousands of dollars on, thanks to our lame policies.
Bo Raxo
Nobody, s missing anything. Being a criminal doesn't entitle you to special privileges. I suppose you would provide him with a private limo too.

CW wrote:

A felon gets out of prison. Would you rather spend five thousand dollars on a halfway house, not have another crime committed? Or thirty thousand on a trial and incarceration, after *another* crime is committed?
It isn't about "entitlements". It's about public safety. If someone is fresh out of prison, would you rather have them in a supervised halfway house getting hooked up with a job, or homeless, wandering your town, without food or shelter or anything to keep them from committing another crime?
Oh, but that would take some thinking, better to make some dumb ass comment about a limo, and then bitch when you house gets broken in to and your taxed go up. Fucking ignorant, aren't you?
Bo Raxo

A bullet would solve the problem.

There's a way to prevent crime - shoot all the potential victims. :-)

There's something to what you say. I suppose if we spent the money trying to help some of these people get back on their feet that would otherwise go towards reincarcerating them, everyone might benefit. Surely efforts are already being made in that regard, but you hear so little of them. They can't possibly be getting the attention they deserve, the attention that would be needed to make them more successful. :-\\
--
L8r,
Uncle Clover the AntiTwink

What are the odds of rehabilitating a guy with an awl up his ass?

There's awlways a chance.
Bo Raxo goes:

While I applaud your humanitarian sentiments, I have to wonder: what sort of plan is it to carry a concealed weapon in your arsehole? It's not exactly a holster, is it? Your weapon is hardly going to be readily accessible in an emergency situation, see what I mean?
But I admit I have a lot to learn on this subject. Do tell.
--
AH
http://sour-grapes.blogsource.com

hahahahaha!! hahahaha!!! hahahaha!!!
Alan Hope wrote:

It is very common in prisons. Then there is 'masturbatory aid' thing. All kinds of weird item are shoved up there for that purpose. I find an awl kinda unlikely for that tho.
Being a week of of prison, I suspect it was his 'shank' he had in the pen.
Harry K