Pole Lamp Dimmer/Switch Module

Hi,

Have a tubular type of base lamp in my study. The kind that has a base on the floor, and then a tube of an inch or so diameter that runs vertically to a height of perhaps five feet. Then a reflector on the top with a halogen bulb that shines upwards.

This one uses a tubular halogen lamp (300 W), and has a dimmer/switch module that is slender enough to fit right inside the tube.

The dimmer/switch module needs replacement, and I can't seem to find anywhere that carries them anymore. Can't seem to find on the web, either.

Any suggestions as to where to get ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

I have a couple of those lamps. When the ON/ OF section of the switch wore out I removed the module, by-passed the on/off section with a minature toggle from RadioShack Drilled a hole 1 1/2 inches below original. works great :-)

Reply to
whiteoak

Reply to
bamboo

A direct replacement for that exact unit would be difficult, especially as those fixtures are getting less common.

You might try by pass> Hi,

Reply to
RickR

Around here, Lowes carries simple on/off rotary switches with pigtails that replace those things perfectly, for about 3-4 dollars. I've done several of them when the original garbage switch craps out. (The 20-dollar pole lamps they sell now sure aren't the same quality the 70-dollar originals were.Good thing most of mine were free, abandoned when people moved.) The plastic knob trim usually won't fit, but it works fine, and no damn buzzing from the dimmer. Who ever uses those except at full bright anyway? Defeats the purpose of a halogen light. If you want mood light, use a table lamp.

Standard warning whenever halogen pole lamp threads come up- never leave them running while asleep or out of the house. Even with the top grills the new ones have, they are firestarters. I'd think real hard before having one in a house with rowdy kids.

aem sends...

Reply to
<aemeijers