Poisonious woods?

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a good list of woods that are acceptable for home use, I'd rather not inhale dangerous fumes. Specifically, I was wondering if Maple and Peach were o.k for use. TIA!
--
yesplease

yesplease writes:

These people can help calm your fears:
http://www.nami.org /
Richard J Kinch wrote:

http://bodd.cf.ac.uk/BotDermFolder/BotDermL/LAUR.html
Richard J Kinch Wrote: > http://bodd.cf.ac.uk/BotDermFolder/BotDermL/LAUR.html
Thank you very much, this is exactly what I was looking for! :)
--
yesplease

yesplease wrote:

The wood is not the issue. Treatments added to framing lumber can be a problem. TB
On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 21:21:11 +0000, yesplease

If what you're doing creates dust, wear a mask. Very few of the woods normal people can afford to use are enough of an irritant to need special handling beyond that. Maple and Peach are not among them.
yesplease wrote:

The chances of inhaling posionous fumes from commercially available wood are probably less than 20%.
You should be okay.
HeyBub wrote:

wood? Are you burning it in your fireplace or building something with it like furniture, etc.? If burning in the fireplace, well the only type of wood I know you should avoid is pressure treated lumber as it is treated with chemicals to prevent insect infestation. These chemicals can be dangerous to humans if inhaled.
Rob
Rob wrote:

If you're going to build with wood, don't eat it and you'll be fine.
On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 21:21:11 +0000, yesplease

I used to date a girl named Poisonious Woods. She had two sisters, Petunia and Daisy.
They all wore different perfumes, so I could tell 'em apart, even blindfolded. I don't think any of the perfumes were harmful.