Poison ivy

Page 4 of 4

On Jul 28, 12:12 pm, snipped-for-privacy@malch.com (Malcolm Hoar) wrote:

...unless you have issues with dairy products...
Add pictures here
βœ–
Malcolm Hoar wrote:

I followed the instructions religiously, and I have a cast iron stomach :o) Can eat just about anything, although more than half a head of cooked cabbage might keep me awake half the night :o) Love it!
I had had the tendonitis for quite some time, second shoulder to have it, and I was worried about "frozen shoulder". After I couldn't tolerate the anti-inflam., I went back to the doc, thinking he might order a couple of ultrasound sessions. His final reply was, "Well, at your age things sometimes don't work right". #@^#$!(& SOB! Mebbe he has a shoulder he can live without, but I need both of mine. I don't go to the doc unless heat/cold/rest fail to cure what ails me...so far, I've kept all of my body parts except tonsils....lost those only because I wanted to go along to the doc when my mom took my little brother. We went to hospital together to have our tonsils out, ether anes. Gack!
Suffered through a probable cracked pelvis, a couple of serious back strains and a fall from a skate board. Had to do level-of-conciousness checks every two hours after the skate board fall on cement floor...small lac. back of head....just went to work that night and stayed awake all night (at hospital:o)
Add pictures here
βœ–
DerbyDad03 wrote:

I've always done this in the shower, with increasingly hot water.
Jon
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Jul 28, 5:01 pm, "Jon Danniken"

With the blow dryer working for 6 - 8 hours, I blew it before I left for work, then again right after lunch - in the men's room at work. Taking showers isn't always possible but finding an AC outlet is usually pretty easy.
Add pictures here
βœ–

What makes you think it's finished. Some of that stuff will grow back, I think. Save the gloves for the next time. Each in a separate ziploc bag, so the fingers of one don't get in the other.
I think I saw on the tv new that because of warmth or something, this will be a big year for poison ivy, or was that manta rays?

Add pictures here
βœ–
mm wrote:

Grow back? Hope you mean the plants and not the oils that most of us are allergic to.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 07/28/10 01:24 pm, mm wrote:

My wife is suffering from a poison ivory attack at present. At 9am when she bought some stuff at the drugstore to alleviate the itching, the checkout person said, "What's going on here? You're the third person who's bought this stuff already today!"
Perce
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 16:19:30 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"

Yes, it was both poison ivy and manta rays, and jelly fish, that are flourishing in the hot weather.
I found that rHuli-spray is very good for poison ivy, but that was 10 years ago. When I went looking for more 5 years ago, no one sold it and it wasn't on the net.
They still have rHuli-cream and/or rHuli-gel. I didn't want that because I didn't want to touch the area with poison ivy. I thought that would start it itching again. But they are both topical anesthetics and the sprray worked for 4 hours iirc, maybe more, which was pretty darn good.
I've never gotten anywhere with calaimine lotion. I hear it soaks up the seepage but I don't care about the seepage. I care about the itching. So what is the point of calamine lotion?
Hmmm. ONe guy on the web says rHuli-spray is sold at Walmart (and I'm sure lots of other places) by Band-Aid under the name of Calamine Spray. Well maybe. The original had no calamine anything, but maybe they think they have to say that, or include that. What it did have was an skin anesthetic and if it has that, it might be the same thing, or at least good.
These pages have eveyrone's solutions, good or bad. :)
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q Κche:2uJRhibvOTIJ:poisonivy.aesir.com/view/commercial.html+rHuli-spray&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&lr=lang_iw|lang_es|lang_en
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q Κche:L_i3q4Mp9GwJ:poisonivy.aesir.com/view/misc.html+rHuli-spray&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&lr=lang_iw|lang_es|lang_en
Add pictures here
βœ–
mm wrote:

Old news from the alarmists, getting dredged up in time for summer.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13046200 /
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
Jon
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 14:32:40 -0700, "Jon Danniken"

The same stories didn't mention global warming, only the hot summer. They might have run the same stories in other hot summers, but that doesn't mean they're false, and your urls below don't suggest they are false.
The last story of every network evening new show is rarely very important. They're called "human interest" stories, and I found it interetsig that these three things are flourishing this year. I'm not alarmed, and I don't think they intended to alarm anyone.
If the stinging jellyfish are closer to shore, as they are some places, the lifeguards or someone will probably tell the swimmers. Is that all right with you?

Add pictures here
βœ–
mm wrote:

They have been having a hell of a time with sting rays in FL, gulf.

Add pictures here
βœ–