Point in Home Despot's favor (score now 16,489 to 10)

Just another li'l data point about our favorite store to mock, bash, deride and insult here. Something actually in their favor for a change.
I need an ordinary duplex outlet for a job. Went to OSH (Orchard Supply), one of the places I prefer over HD; the want something like $3 for the cheapest one. So it's off to HD for this, where I know they sell those suckers for less than a buck. (They must buy them in lots of a million or so. Surprised they don't have their own house brand.)
Point being, yes, I hate Home Despot, but they're clearly cheaper on some things. (Not all; OSH is actually cheaper on many items.) So the trick is to buy selectively.
Oh, and their return policy is pretty sweet. At least from my experience, they'll take back practically anything, no questions asked. (But then OSH has a similar policy.)
--
Just as McDonald\'s is where you go when you\'re hungry but don\'t really

How far is it from OSH to the Home Depot?
TakenEvent spake thus:

Not far enough to make a difference (they're equidistant from me).
By the way, Home Despot had outlets (15 amp white) for 49 ea.
--
Just as McDonald\'s is where you go when you\'re hungry but don\'t really
David Nebenzahl wrote:

Were the ones OSH sold "spec grade?" I'd be willing to pay more for those.
nate
--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

How much did you spend in gas to save how much on outlet? Not to mention what value you put on your time.
(They must buy them in lots of a

aspasia spake thus:

No more or less; as I stated elsewhere, the two stores are equidistant from me. (There's actually *another* Home Depot close to where I was working.)
--
Just as McDonald\'s is where you go when you\'re hungry but don\'t really
On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 10:19:09 -0800, David Nebenzahl

Your message made it sound as though you priced the item at OSH, and*then* drove to HD. At these gas prices, I don't think it's worth a separate trip, unless you had other shopping at HD.
aspasia spake thus:

No, but the next time I'll save $$$ *and* not use any extra gas.
--
Just as McDonald\'s is where you go when you\'re hungry but don\'t really