Pocket Hose Question

I have a pocket hose, only because it was given to me. I used it once, and was not highly impressed. I have plenty of real hoses, but I will use the pocket hose again, as long as it lasts. It seems cheap and I dont think it will last long. It also restricts the flow, so you wont get as much water capacity per minute, but it is better than the self coiling hose I bought some years ago, that got stuck on everything, and over the years, it got very brittle, and one day it just broke in half.

I agree about the emergency kit, but still dont understand why anyone would desire to own a waterbed????? Besides all the trouble of filling and maintaining them, they can do structural damage, wreck flooring when they leak, and cause other problems. Add to that, they are absolutely uncomfortable. Many years ago, I was "house sitting" for someone, and they told me to sleep on the waterbed. After sloshing around and feeling like I was getting sea-sick, for an hour or two, I went and slept on the couch.

If I was a landlord, I would NOT allow waterbeds!

Reply to
Jerry.Tan

Hey, I not only ignore the rude assholes, but I kill-file them, using filters. Of course that requires REAL newsgroup software, not google-groups.

But anyhow, I'd much rather deal with rudeness on usenet, than exist inside the whitewashed fantasy world that exists on facebook and other social media sites these days.

When usenet is dead, I'll cut the cord to the internet. Usenet and Email are about the only useful things left on the internet. And any cellphone can be used for email now-a-days. Even my pre-paid "Dumb Phone" can do email.

Reply to
Jerry.Tan

That would be true maybe if everyone thought of it, but for 11 hours no one thought of it until CRNG did.

Reply to
micky

On Sat, 30 May 2015 13:51:31 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote in

snip

+1
Reply to
CRNG

On Sat, 30 May 2015 13:12:46 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote in

We used one for many years and liked them. The only reason we had to give it up was my wife started having back problems and needed more support.

Reply to
CRNG

On Sat, 30 May 2015 15:03:51 -0400, micky wrote in

That's the great advantage of a group like this: the collective experience and thoughts of a lot of people. I even enjoy some of the troll banter.

Reply to
CRNG

It's definitely going back and I'm going to buy a

*real* hose, 25 footer.

It is 98% waveless and sooooooo comfortable. I've awoken the last 2 days with no pain in my left shoulder that I somehow managed to injure. :-(

I made sure my daylight basement had a floor jack right where the waterbed is sitting.

That was the old style waterbed, they're still being sold but now you can buy a softsided water that looks exactly like a regular bed. They use regular sheets and other bedding as well. NO sloshing and no seasickness. Extremely comfortable and that's after sleeping on it for only two days and no pressure points.

I'm sure there are many that don't.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

Bought a Land and Sky's Impression 8500 99% waveless.

No pressure points so I wake up in the same position as when I fall asleep.

I would not have any other bed.

And FWIW, I've had waterbeds for 35 years and never had a leak

Reply to
Davy Jones

You raise a good point here about softsided water. Water beds are a problem if you have well water, especially if it's very hard. It leads to sore backs, shoulders, you name it.

IF you have that, you should get a water softener, and then they are very comfortable.

Try fill your pillows with soft water too.

Reply to
micky

The few times I woke up in the same position as when I fell asleep, I was paralyzed and had to will myself to twitch myself back to the living. Very frightening.

Reply to
taxed and spent

Why wont it fit in my pocket . . . .

Reply to