Pocket Hose Question

Page 1 of 2
Anybody here have one of those 'as seen on TV' hoses that magically expand and then shrink back to their original short length?
I bought a 25' one today as I have a new soft sided waterbed that will most likely have to be topped off next week. I realize it does expand once the water is turned ON but can _I_ pull it to make it reach the mattress??
I hope my question makes sense.
On 5/29/2015 8:36 PM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

No, but you can put a shutoff valve on. Be forewarned, many of those expanding hoses leak and explode very early in their life cycles.
On 5/29/2015 9:04 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Knowing a little bit about plastics and strengths of materials, it would appear that these hoses have low safety factors. Junk to me. I would not buy one.
On 5/30/2015 9:01 AM, Frank wrote:

I bought one, and then later read the reviews. I'm almost afraid to use the expanding hose. So far, regular hose has worked when needed.

She may have to pull the bed closer to the hose.
On Friday, May 29, 2015 at 8:15:33 PM UTC-5, taxed and spent wrote:

alt.home.repair:

I thought it was quite robust.

I thought it was funny you were wondering how long this type of 25 foot hose was.
On Friday, May 29, 2015 at 10:23:28 PM UTC-5, taxed and spent wrote:

it the intake on the bed before turning on the water. Sorry you can't compr ehend my question; seems like the folks on Amazon caught on immediately. T he hose is going back to Home Depot.
On Friday, May 29, 2015 at 10:23:28 PM UTC-5, taxed and spent wrote:

fit the intake on the bed before turning on the water. Sorry you can't comprehend my question; seems like the folks on Amazon caught on immediately. The hose is going back to Home Depot. ----------
"I hope my question makes sense."

https://www.facebook.com/Wave105/videos/875600452476101/?pnref=story
On Fri, 29 May 2015 17:36:47 -0700 (PDT), ItsJoanNotJoann

Dunno, but I have an adapter that screws on where the kitchen faucet aerator goes and garden hoses screw onto it.
It was the only one for sale wherever I bought it and I've never noticed another of these for sale, but I haven't looked either. Sureyl they sell it some place.
Just one piece, maybe 3/4" long.

On Fri, 29 May 2015 17:36:47 -0700 (PDT), ItsJoanNotJoann

Put one of these shut off valves on the end of the hose and turn on the water, then shut the valve. That should fill the hose up. Then bring the end to the bed. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Melnor-Metal-Hose-Shut-Off-395S/203136689

It makes eminent sense and is so obvious the original question is absurd.
On Saturday, May 30, 2015 at 6:48:20 AM UTC-5, taxed and spent wrote:

such a device as a 'metal hose shut off.' I'm not a plumber nor a jack of all trades that's why I came here with my question. Sorry if it bothers you that someone would ask a question when you deem they should already have this advice tucked away.
Get over yourself, nobody died and left you emperor of this group.
On Sat, 30 May 2015 08:46:45 -0700 (PDT), ItsJoanNotJoann

There are a lot of rude people that hang around USENET. It's one of the few places left were they can display there rudeness. Just ignore them.

Good reply.

Hey, I not only ignore the rude assholes, but I kill-file them, using filters. Of course that requires REAL newsgroup software, not google-groups.
But anyhow, I'd much rather deal with rudeness on usenet, than exist inside the whitewashed fantasy world that exists on facebook and other social media sites these days.
When usenet is dead, I'll cut the cord to the internet. Usenet and Email are about the only useful things left on the internet. And any cellphone can be used for email now-a-days. Even my pre-paid "Dumb Phone" can do email.
On Sat, 30 May 2015 13:51:31 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote in

+1
On Sat, 30 May 2015 04:48:19 -0700, "taxed and spent"

That would be true maybe if everyone thought of it, but for 11 hours no one thought of it until CRNG did.

That's the great advantage of a group like this: the collective experience and thoughts of a lot of people. I even enjoy some of the troll banter.