Pocket door installation

When you get a pocket door kit, do you install the door frame on top of the concrete slab and install flooring (tiles or wood) to it's edge, or do you first install the flooring then install the pocket door frame over the flooring?

Thanks!

MC

Reply to
MiamiCuse

The kits I've used don't include any threshold for under the door. If you want or need one, you buy or make one separately. If the flooring will be the same on both sides of the door, you don't really need a threshold. In that case, I usually install the door, do the floor, and then do the door trim, in that order.

HTH,

Paul

Reply to
Paul Franklin

When I installed mine on a slab room, I put it right on the concrete. However, the trim and casing was put on after the floor, in this case ceramic. Depending on flooring thickness, etc. you might have to up cut the door. But, because there is usually a lot of adjustment, probably not. If the trim and casing were put up first, you would be more likely to see the spaces between the floor and the trim.

Reply to
Art Todesco