Pneumatic nailer, etc.

I'm going to be framing in a wall and doorway soon and could probably do it the old fashioned nail and hammer way like I've done before. But I have thought about getting a compressor tank and nail gun to do the job instead. I am doing it in an area with finished rooms and was wondering if the repeated hammering would disturb the plaster ceilings/walls, and thought that maybe the pneumatic way would cause less vibration? Also, I have never used a pneumatic nailer before so I thought it would be fun to have one!
Also, are there combination nailers that can do both framing and trim/molding work?
Thanks
FDR wrote:

To answer your questions, a nail gun will provide far less vibration than a hammer. You may still get some damage, but it should be minimal unless the existing walls and ceilings are really fragile.
No, you need different guns for framing and trim/molding.
If you know nothing about guns, you need to talk to a counterman about clipped heads, angle of the gun, sizes, etc.

it
instead.
never
A few tips if you have never used a nail gun before:
- First, they are handy to use, but do not consider them as toys. They can be deadly tools! - They will save you time but get the right gun and nails for the job. - You do not need a big compressor or tank to run a pneumatic nailer. The smaller pancake compressors will handle the task, although once you use a nailer and compressor, you will find many other uses for the compressor as well so it might be worth getting a decent one. - You will need different nailer for framing and trim work.
For framing, go for a framing nailer. Something like this > http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/portercableFR350A.htm For trim work, go for a smaller gauge nailer like a finish nailer or even a brad nailer and glue (depends on size of trim). Something like these > http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/sencoxp41.htm or http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/fascogn40a.htm
Hope that helps.
-- Regards,
Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com ------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews: - Ryobi One+ Cordless Tool System - Festool CT Mini Dust Extractor - Kreg K3 Pocket Hole Joinery System - Incra Miter Express - Book: Scroll Saw Fundamentals - Ryobi BT3100K Table Saw System ------------------------------------------------------------
ewww......porter cable framing nailer. go with a paslode. only brand worth its weight. and thats comming from someone who uses a 16 gun daily