plz help? gas shut off accidently (!)

Hi,
I own a restaurant that is adjacent to a day spa. Apparently, the spa didn't pay their gas bill, so the gas company came out to shut their gas off, but they accidently shut mine off instead! We're not open for lunch so didn't know about this until our crew came in at 4.
We called the gas company immediately and were told there's nothing they can do about it. Service restoration scheduling must be done before before 3 and their technicians stop working at 5.
They told me that a plumber could turn it back on, so we called one, and although he was able to manually open the valve, the gas wouldn't flow. Now he thinks the meter has a lock in it, so we're still stuck?
Does anyone know of a way around this?
Thanks
Add pictures here
✖
On Feb 8, 8:07 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Tell your gas company your are sueing for loss of bussiness and contacting your lawar
Add pictures here
✖

Hi, I did that already, to no avail.
Add pictures here
✖

Call the gas company and them them you smell a leak... There'll be a truck there in no time.
Add pictures here
✖

I did and it worked! Great idea! Thank you so much!
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

For future reference: The gas company has a secret cutoff on their meters. Just past the main supply valve, on the way to the meter, is a pipe union. Inside this union they insert a metal wafer the size of the pipe and screw the union back together. The presence of this metal condom prevents gas flow.
To restart the gas, then: Turn off the valve, open the union, remove the plug, put the union back together, turn on the valve.
Should be good to go.
Add pictures here
✖