Plumbing vent partially blocked by fascia

I previously posted a question about a plumbing vent problem pointed out by a home inspector. I found later that the vent I thought he was talking about was not the one I looked at.
The plumbing vent in question serves a bathroom.The vent pipe rises about 5 inches from the roof and about 1 inch above the flashing assembly that fits under the shingles. The problem is that there is another gable just above the pipe. The fascia of the top gable has been notched a bit to accommodate the vent pipe. A small portion of the vent pipe is blocked by the fascia.
The inside diameter of the steel vent pipe is 1 7/8 inches. If you look straight down at the vent pipe, the diameter is effectively 1 1/4 inches, because the fascia board blocks 5/8 inches of the diameter of the pipe opening.
It looks like a problem to change. I thought about putting in some extra pipe with 2 right angle bends to get it away from the fascia, but this would require ripping off the flashing assembly, cutting the pipe near the roof and trying to get proper flashing around a pipe that bends just an inch or two above the roof. The whole thing is just a foot away from the roof edge and a problem to work on.
The house is 45 years old, and the vent has not caused any problems that I am aware of. Any comments on what should be done? I can send a couple of photos if you want to see it more clearly than I described it.
PaulF
In what context was the inspection done?
Are you buying or selling?
If you're buying negotiate, if your're negotiate.
Really no problems in service? then at first glance, not worth fixing, more trouble than gain.
My only concern would be odor problem at any nearby windows.
Of course, seeing the installation might cahnge my commetns.
Cheers Bob

I'd leave it alone. Home inspectors justify getting paid by "helping" the buyer. This is fine and technically, this should not exist so the inspector did his job. Reality is, there are some allowances in sizing to take care of small blockages, additional drains on the line, etc. If this has been working for 45 years, it is not worth the effort to make changes
I am the seller of the house. Four photos are posted at: http://paulferguson.myphotoalbum.com /
Click on the first photo to see all of them.
PaulF
Why not just cut a small notch out of the fascia so that it is not resting right on top of the vent?
On 10 Jun 2005 13:21:41 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I like this idea. I do not think the actual increased air vent area would matter, but it might make the buyer feel better.
PaulF

Agree leave it. Lived in house for 12 years where there was only a 1.5 inch vent pipe up through the roof from the five or six inch sanitary sewer which served both the kitchen and bathroom. Never a problem!

IMO you only have a problem if the buyer is concerned. I believe that it has worked fine and will continue to do so for many years.
What does the buyer want?
Colbyt
Good photos, the top view tells it all, true "blockage" is minimal at worst
But if it's a sticking point with they buyer...........
A circle cut with a jig saw or keyhole saw, some primer & paint.
Glue a 45 deg dual offset elbow assembly into place & you're done.
cheers Bob