plumbing runs

We can't use the word negates, it's racist.

Second WC might be used if you're on the other floor when nature calls. Oh, no, that's racist. Offensive to people of flower.

"Well, officer, flower power people are usually pacifist, but this guy walked up and called me a nature to my face!"

Is this offense getting a bit out of the realm of reasonable?

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If you have 1/2" pipe serving the whole house, I'd bet that the regulator isn't the limiting factor. I've never seen one with 1/2" fittings and they typically size the fittings to accomodate the capacity of the device. Around here, typically you have 1" pipe coming in from the street, 3/4" pipe serving major/multiple points of use in the house, 1/2" branch offs for half baths, kitchen, laundry room, etc.

It seemed there was agreement here that if you do have 1/2" going everywhere, then the safest option is to replace it with 3/4" leaving the regulator, then one branch off to the new bath with either

1/2 or 3/4 and the other branch gets connected to the existing rest of the house. If the rest of the house heads over towards the new bath anyway, then just replace that section with 3/4". That gives you 3/4" most of the way to the new bath and leaves the rest of the house mostly better off too.
Reply to
trader_4

On 03/09/2015 11:28 PM, gregz wrote: ...

"HUGE?" is in the eye of the beholder, often. :) If it's "the way it always was" then don't have any reason to think otherwise.

I certainly wouldn't classify a 3/4" feed run to the reducing tee supply run "fancy piping"; it's pretty much a standard technique.

In particular, however, as noted before in the sidebar conversations, if this is the main feed and there's also DW (or may be in the future) or simply for resale value it can't hurt and surely can't be either very complicated to do or add much additional expense over the other to incorporate.

Reply to
dpb