PLUMBING: Reroute Vent Pipe. ABS?

I must reroute my venting pipe slightly for my kitchen remodel. It will be challenging removing the old iron pipe. I assume I will have to cut them to get them out because I can not turn elbows that are against a wall, right? I will try to do this with a Sawz-All.
QUESTION: Can I use Black ABS when I reinstall? I would have the same problem turning elbows to install them. How do I make the connections between existing iron pipe and new ABS?
Additional Details: The sink is on a peninsula that has a bar about a foot higher than the sink. The vent pipe goes up from the drain to the height of the bar and across the bar then up and out the roof. My remodel requires the bar to be removede and the new height available behind the sink is now only sink-height. I hear code says that no turn should be made until 6 inches above sink height when possible... I will be making a turn to horizontal at near sink heigh the up to the roof.
Devin Dow snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net
Devin Dow wrote:

All your questions need to be asked at the City Bldg Dep't if you will need a permit.
Yes, Sawzall. ABS, if permitted, OK. No need to "turn" any fittings, just slip on. Connect ABS to old galv iron with a Fernco. http://www.fernco.com/
http://www.codecheck.com/pg13_14plumbing.html scroll half way down to see "Island" venting and/or mechanical venting arrangements. (The usual caveats apply)
Jim
PVC is a lot cheaper and IS marked DWV. Perfectly fine to use for a vent.
--
Steve Barker