Plumbing-reducing size of well supply line to pressure tank?

I have a sediment filter that I want to install on my drilled well supply l ine on the well side of my pressure tank. The supply line from the well loo ks like 1.5" o.d. black pvc (1.25" i.d. maybe?). The filter I have is .75" ea side. Will I have any issues if I reduce the intake pipe size down to .7 5" from 1.25" before it enters the pressure tank? other than slower fill ti me?
Thanks. Geo.
On 2/6/2015 6:07 PM, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Probably not. The problem will be that the pressure cut off switch will probably be on the wrong side of the filter. You will want the cut off before the filter, so if the filter clogs the switch turns off the well pump.