Plumbing question

If I have a PVC pipe, and I want to put a T into it in the middle, how do I do that, if neither end can move back or forth? I've done plenty of copper, which bends enough usually, but this PVC sometimes won't budge.
Thanks!
Dean

You will need to add a union in addition to the tee. Lowes and home depot should have a pvc union or one of those compression type couplings for pvc pipe that will also work.
On Jun 6, 11:50 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Can you tell me what the union you mean looks like? I can't see how anything would work other than a flexible coupling.
On Jun 6, 10:50 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Bull! You could use a repair coupling in nearly every instance when working with PVC.
JK

You need an RP coupling. Cut the pipe where you need the tee, and at a second point a couple feet away. Shorten the section between the cuts by exactly enough length to make room for the tee. Slip the RP coupling onto one end of that section -- withOUT glue -- then glue the tee onto the other end. Glue the other side of the tee in place. Align the two pieces of pipe, make a pencil mark on one side of the joint at half the length of the RP coupling away from the joint, slather the area around the joint with glue, and slide the RP coupling in place up to your pencil mark.
--
Regards,
Drain pipe, or pressurized water supply?

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
On Jun 7, 9:43 am, "Stormin Mormon"

Drain pipe. 2-1/2" approx o.d. Basement ceiling. Varies - maybe several feet.

I believe they sell rubber couplings that will do the trick. Don't know if it's code-worthy for whatever you're using it for.