plumbing problems

I have 2 problems. First, the kitchen faucet runs for a few seconds then completely stops flow. it is a single handle type. I turn it off and on again and it starts back up with a chug, chug, chug. Then it runs fine for the rest of the time.

Second, my tub water pressure is very high, but the shower is very low. Both are new fixtures installed by a plumber a month or so ago. Thanks for suggestions!

Reply to
Jo Jo the dog faced boy

How old was the old shower head ? all the new ones are low flow takes about

5 years to get use to them. The tube fixture is probably fine. Have the fixtures operated the same way from when they were installed? I'm not sure about the Kitchen Fixture Has this started after plumbing work was done? You might try removing the strainer/ aerator and seeing how much junk is trapped in it. When off run the water might blow lines out. Could be something in the line.
Reply to
Sacramento Dave

You don't say if the faucet has a spray, but I'll bet it does and the diverter valve inside the faucet is malfunctioning. Call the manufacturer.

Reply to
launcher