PLUMBING PROBLEM CONTINUED............

The toilet is flushing slow, even holding handle down doesn't get a complete empty. I plunged and snaked and found no blockage at the toilet.

The line is 20 feet. Picture a straight line in back yard, right to left. At the right is some kind of pipe at ground level outside and no visible way to open it. 12 feet left is the tub, another 3 feet left is the kitchen and bath sinks, back to back, and 3 feet to the left of the sinks is the toilet. Between the sinks and toilet, under the kitchen sink is the hectogonal clean-out valve (something to turn with a pipe wrench).

I ran kitchen water but it might miss the problem if it is between the toilet and the sink. The only thing running slow is the toilet. The tub and sinks are working fine.

Should I open the clean out valve with a pipe wrench under the sink which is between the sink drain but after the toilet (note to self: buy pipe wrench) and snake?

Or, should I remove the toilet and attempt to snake through that opening?

Any suggestions?

Reply to
MRS. CLEAN

Fill a pot of water and pour it quickly into the toilet. If you get a normal flush, the problem is not in the drain, it's above it.

A sluggish toilet can be can be caused by sediment buildup either in the small siphon hole near the discharge hole at the bottom of the toilet or in the small fill holes under the rim. If water doesn't enter the toilet fast enough to cause a fast flow, it will just swirl around slowly and never really empty the bowl.

Use a wire hanger under the rim and in the siphon hole to clear it. Just make sure you don't scratch the porcelain or you'll hate yourself every time you look in the toilet.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Dude, I have the same problem I try to fix fit the same way you did Finally I gave up I'm just flashing it 2, 3, 4times what ever it takes

Reply to
ypylaw1

***I did this 20 or more times and got a normal flush.
****Have you heard of a Korky Valve? The toilet is 3 years old. The last toilet was doing this so I replaced it.
*****ok, I will put some time on the mechanics of the flushing mechanism.
Reply to
MRS. CLEAN

You're making me laugh. So, 30 seconds to pee and 25 minutes to flush.

Reply to
MRS. CLEAN

i'm talking No.2

And

Speedy Jim Is probably right I've replaced toilet in second bathroom two days after I bought my house It's perfect has not failed, yet

Reply to
ypylaw1

I agree! LOL

Reply to
salty

Now I am REALLY LAUGHING.

Reply to
MRS. CLEAN

I replaced the only toilet when I bought the house 6 years ago because it WAS DOING THE SAME THING!!!!!!! It might be very hard water!!!!!!!!

Reply to
MRS. CLEAN

My dream toilet holds 50 gallons of water. When you flush, it's a gusher through one inch water passage ways around the ring underneath the seat. This toilet won't plug in a million years. In fact, you need to stand back!

Reply to
MRS. CLEAN

It doesn't sound like a sewer problem to me. Does the bathtub back up when the toilet is flushed? If not, don't think it's the sewer.

Try the "bucket test": Fill several large buckets with water. Rapidly dump them into the toilet bowl. If the water goes down without overflowing, there is no blockage.

Toilets can appear to be "slow" due to internal clogs in the toilet water passageways having nothing to do with the drains.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

You might want to have a look see here:

The suggestions you've already received re checking for a "good flush" by quickly dumping a bucket of water into the bowl is a simple and good test. It'll pretty well tell you whether the problem you're experiencing is withing the toilet itself or in the drain system.

HTH,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Toilets are a good example of how the government works at cross-purposes.

On the one hand, there is whatever agency that mandates low-volume toilets. They do this, they say, in an effort to conserve water.

On the other hand, there are government agencies that encourge the eating of more fruits and vegetables. These alleged food stuffs generate more "floaters," which are notoriously hard to flush.

So, if we are going to have low-flow toilets, we should be eating more meat (umm! meat!) that results in "sinkers." If "floaters" are the goal, we need high-volume toilets.

No wonder people are schizoid.

Reply to
HeyBub

One more lesson: government insisted on less water in toilet tanks but manufacturers did re-design the flow and failed to enlarge the water passages to compensate for reduced flow.

Sucks, don't it?

Reply to
MRS. CLEAN

One more lesson: govmint insisted on less water in toilet tanks but manufacturers failed to re-design the flow and failed to enlarge the water passages to compensate for reduced flow.

Sucks, don't it?

Reply to
MRS. CLEAN

Where do you get your information? Almost every ad I see in the trade mags touts the larger trap sizes in modern toilets. Do you think that the manufacturers simply put a 1.6 gallon tank on top of a bowl designed for a 5 gallon flush?

JK

Reply to
Big_Jake