Plumbing problem

When our washing machine empties it's basin into it's drain pipe, our toilet bubbles, rather violently. Can anyone give me a tip on how I might track down the cause?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

-Greg Pasquariello

Reply to
Greg Pasquariello

Sounds like you have a waste pipe venting problem.

Reply to
Bob

"washing machine bubbles toilet" google group search shows several answers at:

and i liked the replies to snake the washer's drainpipe at:

buffalobill

Reply to
maradcliff

Thanks all... I had a rooter company come out and root our waste line, both from the washer to the main, and from the main to the street. He did find a clog and the toilet no longer bubbles.

Plumbing bugs the hell outta me, as we had a blockage that caused a sewage backup into our entire basement a little over a year ago.

Thanks again.

-Greg

Reply to
Greg Pasquariello