Plumbing problem

When our washing machine empties it's basin into it's drain pipe, our toilet bubbles, rather violently. Can anyone give me a tip on how I might track down the cause?
Thanks in advance.
Regards -Greg Pasquariello
--
Fair Pacific Bamboo Flooring

Sounds like you have a waste pipe venting problem.

toilet
Very possible, or else a clogging sewer line, or full septic that needs pumping (if you have a septic).

"washing machine bubbles toilet" google group search shows several answers at:
http://groups.google.com/groups?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-48,GGLG:en&q=washing+machine+bubbles+toilet
and i liked the replies to snake the washer's drainpipe at: http://groups.google.com/group/alt.home.repair/browse_thread/thread/ce1e2a3a5b1736f1/02460e1bb450c36e?lnk=st&q=washing+machine+bubbles+toilet&rnum=3#02460e1bb450c36e
Thanks all... I had a rooter company come out and root our waste line, both from the washer to the main, and from the main to the street. He did find a clog and the toilet no longer bubbles.
Plumbing bugs the hell outta me, as we had a blockage that caused a sewage backup into our entire basement a little over a year ago.
Thanks again.
-Greg