Plumbing Problem

I live in an upstairs duplex unit which has its own main water turn off in the basement. I had to turn off the water at the main valve in the basement in order to clean out the trap in the kitchen sink(there are no valves underneath the sink for the hot and cold water faucets). After cleaning out the trap, I turned the water on again at the main valve in the basement. The hot water in the kitchen sink runs fine but the cold water is just barely a tiny trickle. Both hot and cold water run fine in the bathroom and in my washing machine. Any ideas on why the kitchen sink cold water is not running at normal volume and what I can do about it? Thank you very much!!

Reply to
Bob

What trap were you fixing....you don't need to turn off water for a drain trap, so you must be referring to some screen filter for the faucet. Assuming there is a screen upstream of the faucet, perhaps some crud got past the screen while you cleaned it and is now clogging the cold side of the faucet. You'll need to turn the water off again and take apart the faucet valve. See if something has lodged in that valve.

Clarifying what trap you cleaned and the type of faucet you have (single handle, 2 handles, brand) will aid others in providing a better answer.

Reply to
SueMarkP