Plumbing nightmare - advice?

My new bathroom sink drain comes down not even close to the drain from the wall -- see the photo here:

I have the pipe from the wall in as far as possible the drain and the pipe from the sink are off by about 1-1/2" any advice?

JaKe

Reply to
jkdrummer

Use a shorter tailpiece and a flex hose. It should take about 10 minutes plus the time it takes to go to the hardware store.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

This wouldn't be my first choice, but you may be able to make a flex section work. Insert this in the sink tailpiece:

Another way is to put a 45 offset right at the wall, using DWV fittings, then transition to the tubular trap.

If you decide to make a rigid (rather than flex) fix, draw up a plan view with dimensions so you can see what fittings will work.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

I've been there, too. Went to HD and bought a section of plastic plumbing flex tubing. It's cheap, fast, and easy solution. That was five years ago, and it still works just fine.

Reply to
BZ