Plumbing nightmare - advice?

My new bathroom sink drain comes down not even close to the drain from the wall -- see the photo here:
http://public.fotki.com/JKdrummer/plumbing-nightmare/dsc00510.html
I have the pipe from the wall in as far as possible the drain and the pipe from the sink are off by about 1-1/2" any advice?
JaKe

Use a shorter tailpiece and a flex hose. It should take about 10 minutes plus the time it takes to go to the hardware store.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

This wouldn't be my first choice, but you may be able to make a flex section work. Insert this in the sink tailpiece: http://www.watts.com/pro/_products_sub.asp?catIdh&parCaty6
Another way is to put a 45 offset right at the wall, using DWV fittings, then transition to the tubular trap.
If you decide to make a rigid (rather than flex) fix, draw up a plan view with dimensions so you can see what fittings will work.
Jim
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I've been there, too. Went to HD and bought a section of plastic plumbing flex tubing. It's cheap, fast, and easy solution. That was five years ago, and it still works just fine.