Plumbing jargon?

Can anyone point me to some national (U.S.) organization of "Plumbers" wherein I might find definitions of their terms? I am particularly interested in the definitions of sewer line main (line) branch (lines). According to the company that cleaned my "sewer line" the "main" and "branch" lines are different and that I only paid to have my "sewer line" cleaned the first time therefore the guarantee was ONLY on the sewer line. When I called them out after three weeks (guarantee 6 months) the blockage was now in the "main" line so they charged me again. McM
Is the depth large enough for laying wine bottles in there?
--
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the
intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well

Relate this to sewer line, main, etc...
Hiccup!
-- Oren

You are a customer, not a plumber. Why don't you ask *them* to produce a diagram showing what they mean. They might be perfectly right and (if they are) it shouldn't take much to prove this to you.
--
Peace,
BobJ

would consider the "main line" to be all piping from the street sewer into the house up to any point where it branches into two similar sized pipes. Anything from that point I would consider "branch lines" as well as any smaller lines which connect to the "main line". However, these terms are not necessarily standard for all users. Have the plumbers show you exactly where the pipes have been cleaned and where they have not.
Don Young
Beware ! Plumbers are pretty sick perverts. They use terms like BALLCOCKS - NIPPLES - DRAIN COCKS - NUTS - MOUNTS and other disgusting words. They even insert male pipes into female pipes without asking the pipe before hand.
Plumbers are perverts and everyone should know about them before allowing them in your home.
On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 14:25:06 -0500, "Xeno Chauvin"