Plumbing drain question

I have a reasonably new split bath, with the vanity/sink in one room and tub and toilet in the other. I want to install a very small pedistal sink between the toilet and bathtub. The wall is accessible thru a closet in the next room. Routing supply lines isnt't a problem. The drain pipe, though, is not easily accessible as it runs too far from the wall, under the floor. The only part I can tie the new sink into is the straight piece of PVC that connects the bathtub overflow to the tub drain. Is it OK to install a T there to drain the sink? The sink would have its own trap, but the wastewater would also go thru the tub trap. Thanks.
--
-bye,
Rick

drain line after the tub trap and also meet the standards for venting to make a proper connection. You may need advice for your particular situation from someone who can actually see and evaluate it on site.
Don Young

drain line after the tub trap and also meet the standards for venting to make a proper connection. You may need advice for your particular situation from someone who can actually see and evaluate it on site.
Don Young
Thanks, I didnt think so. I was hoping to save a few bucks, but want to do it right. Rick