Plumbing code question

I was asked if plumbing code includes details like how the tube and fitting above a shower valve is supported. I know it's standard practice to use the fitting with the ears and screw it to some blocking. But is this generally in the codes, or does this type of thing fall under "installed in a workmanlike manner" ?
thanks bill
bill allemann wrote:

"installed in a workmanlike manner" covers it.
"Workmanship shall conform to generally accepted good practice" to quote one source.
The fitting you described is a "Drop-ear EL".
Jim