Plumbing brands

Thinking about changing all my undersink turn-offs and getting the new ball valves. Any particular brands to look for? Also I need to replace and outdoor frostfree hose bib. Any brands better than others? Thanks

Reply to
Art

The Nibco brand seems to be fairly widespread. Seems to me that a critical visual inspection and a preference for USA made products will produce the better quality..A lot of the Chinese made products are marginal because they are made to such extremely tight profit specifications. If you compare the heft of similar products you can easily tell which ones are overseas-made in many cases. Choose accordingly. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

Thanks. Will probably check out Fergursons which is supposed to be a nationwide supplier. Looked at Ace Hardware yesterday but they had such a variety of unbranded stuff in plastic bags, made me nervous.

Reply to
Art

I used the Brasscraft ball valves because they were locally available in Home Depot. Other places had cheap ones made in China or Taiwan, and at least the Brasscraft ones were domestic. If it matters I have copper pipes. If you are willing to wait you can probably find something better than what I used if you can buy it online.

Reply to
Childfree Scott

As a copper repiper, having done 1000's of jobs, I would vote for brasscraft

1/4 turn ball valves. I've use them for 9 years with no problems.

Inspector Dana

Reply to
Dana

Also Apollo, Jenkins and Watts, or for that matter any of the domesticly made brands. All should be readily available at your local plumbing supply house. Beware the Asian (India, China, Taiwan, etc.) made ones, same can be said for wrought and cast fittings, brass, steel, iron, galv or SS. This (at least that which is exported) is not one of their strengths.

Reply to
The Masked Marvel