Plumbing and Electric Code books

I'm comfortable doing plumbing and electric repairs, but know only the basics of "code."
Any recommendations for books explaining codes for residential plumbing and electric?
I've been looking online because there's nothing in the local stores beyond the basic how-to's. "Audel's Guide to the 2005 NEC" looks like it might be helpful. For plumbing, I was looking at "2003 International Plumbing Codes Handbook" by R. Dodge Woodson.
Opinions or suggestions?
Thanks, *moc
mike wrote:

Look at your local library. NEC is accepted (with mods) all over US, but there is NO national plumbing code; you have to find out which building code predominates in your geographic area.
Jim
You can probably buy the code books of interest at a technical book store (call first); or online. I bought an embellished version of the 1990 NEC; it has lots of supplementary explanations. I referred to the Uniform Plumbing Code at my local municipal library, when I replumbed my house; that was an easy read. There are all sorts of goodies at the library, as Speedy Jim indicated.