Plumbing Air admittance valve

I have a slow bathroom and utility sink. I was thinking about using these vents to help move things along. Can I install them on the horizontal pipe leading to the wall from the trap?

Reply to
bigjcw1023

What vents?

Reply to
Eric9822

Were they installed without any vents to begin with?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

There is a stack that goes through the roof. One one each end of the house.

Reply to
bigjcw1023

First check the existing stack for any type of blockage. If nothing is visible, push a garden hose down the stack and turn the water on, this should clear anything you don't see, just make sure someone is in the bathroom watching in case the water backs up. Not a big problem since you'll see it in the tub first.

Ed

Reply to
toolguy