Plumbing - ABS to PVC

As a reminder, plumbing is not my strongpoint but I do it pretty much without leaks pretty much first shot lately.

Anyway, Under a sink, black (ABS?) to white (PVC) seems to be a no-no. From what I take, it's the gluing that is the issue. Actually I hear Oatey makes an acceptable glue now. Local codes often don't accept this I also hear.

My Q is not about gluing though. It at the slip joints. Since there is no glue involved, does general code allow this? And again, of course local code prevails.

Reply to
Red Green

Red Green wrote in news:Xns9A9059B59AD2ARedGreen@216.168.3.70:

Happened to have a chance to call the inspector here. He says A-OK on ABS to PVC at slip joints long as it's not a glue joint.

Reply to
Red Green