Plumbing

Water tempreture is heavily effected when something else is on in my home. For instance, if someone is showering and another person turns on a sink the water in the shower goes very hot. The home was built in the early '70's. I did not have this issue with a different home, built in mid '80's.

Is this fixable?

Reply to
Leo

Far too many variables to give any definite answer. If hot water is supplied from a coil in a boiler, pressure drops can make huge differences in temp.

Could be caused by corroded piping which is greatly reducing flow when another fixture is in use.

Ask neighbors with similar homes if they have/had the problem and if they have solved it. Get references for local plumbers who might look into it for you.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

The problem with asking neighbors if they have the same "problem" is that it's only an issue relative to what one is used to and is willing to accept.

MOST people I know who grew up in typical suburban tract housing (And it's ALL tract housing no matter how stately the home or prestigious the neighborhoods became) knew better than to turn on any water while someone was in the shower.

Moving from a home with a 1 & 1/2" water main and an 80 gallon gas water heater and all 3/4 inch plumbing homeruns to a manfold -to- a home with all 1/2" plumbing T'd off itself and a 5/8 water main and a coil inside an oil burner can be a real eye opener. Perfectly normal for some, absolutely unacceptable for others.

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

Reply to
William Brown