Plug In To Wall Outlet GFCI Avail. ?

Hello:

Was wondering if anyone makes a GFCI device that would just plug into a wall outlet, and effectively be in series with, and provide protection to, an extension cord (with perhaps a drill at the end) ?

Have never seen any. None at HD either.

Beginning to believe they don't exist.

If not, why not ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

You could always just build your own, with a regular GFCI receptical, a box, and a heavy duty extenstion cord.

Or you could spend $60 bucks on the yellow thing here:

Goedjn

Do a Google search on "Shock Buster". They sell them at Lowe's:

http://www.lowes. com/lowes/lkn? action=productList&function=search&categoryId=PORTABLE_GFCI_EXTENSION_CORDS. CATEGORY&topic=goShopping&bc=c

Doug Miller

Bob They exsist. I have a couple but don't recall where I bought them. Warren

Reply to
Warren Weber

Yes, you can buy them. I got mine at the local hardware. Same Test/Reset buttons, everything, only it plugs into an outlet. I use them whenever I take a power tool outside or more importantly for Christmas lights. Very handy.

Pop

Reply to
Pop

I bought one at a Harbor Freight store for about $5. I think they also sold a model for about $15 and one for $20.

Was wondering if anyone makes a GFCI device that would just plug into a wall outlet, and effectively be in series with, and provide protection to, an extension cord (with perhaps a drill at the end) ?

Have never seen any. None at HD either.

Beginning to believe they don't exist.

If not, why not ?

Thanks, Bob