Plug In To Wall Outlet GFCI Avail. ?

Hello:
Was wondering if anyone makes a GFCI device that would just plug into a wall outlet, and effectively be in series with, and provide protection to, an extension cord (with perhaps a drill at the end) ?
Have never seen any. None at HD either.
Beginning to believe they don't exist.
If not, why not ?
Thanks, Bob

You could always just build your own, with a regular GFCI receptical, a box, and a heavy duty extenstion cord.
Or you could spend $60 bucks on the yellow thing here:
http://www.stayonline.com/floor_ac_strips/index.asp

Do a Google search on "Shock Buster". They sell them at Lowe's:
http://www.lowes . com/lowes/lkn? action=productList&function=search&categoryId=PORTABLE_GFCI_EXTENSION_CORDS. CATEGORY&topic=goShopping&bc=c

Warren
Yes, you can buy them. I got mine at the local hardware. Same Test/Reset buttons, everything, only it plugs into an outlet. I use them whenever I take a power tool outside or more importantly for Christmas lights. Very handy.
Pop
--
Perfection is not only elusive,
it is also limited with unexpected and