Please reply if you have had problems with Photocell E127584.

Page 2 of 3
bob haller wrote:

Hmm, How come? relay is switching the power to the bulbs. Relay acts like isolator betweeon cell and 120V. Cell can go bad when exposed to extreme element.
replying to Tony Hwang, denniszink wrote: Yes, having problem with photo cell. Any help on where to get a replacement?
On Thursday, February 2, 2012 11:40:56 AM UTC-8, Molly Brown wrote:

So the photocell E127584 is a keystone technologies product - I found repla cements at greenelectronics.com when I did a google search for fluorescent photocell replacements. My only problem was that it burned out and the fir st replacement I purchased would have required a bigger hole to be drilled in my light. I was happy to find the same photocell for a Mallorca outdoor light I purchased from Lamps Plus. Lamps plus was worthless when I tried to find a replacement photocell from our local outlet store in North Hollyw ood.
On Wednesday, April 23, 2014 9:16:21 PM UTC-7, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

lacements at greenelectricsupply.com when I did a google search for fluores cent photocell replacements. My only problem was that it burned out and th e first replacement I purchased would have required a bigger hole to be dri lled in my light. I was happy to find the same photocell for a Mallorca ou tdoor light I purchased from Lamps Plus. Lamps plus was worthless when I t ried to find a replacement photocell from our local outlet store in North H ollywood.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

GMA-
One thing to check, is if your light has a short circuit. That is one reason it might have burned out the original photocell.
I was not able to find any information about your E127584. What diameter is the mounting hole for your old one?
I found two photocell light controllers at Lowes. One is intended for an outdoor pole lamp, and is probably not what you are looking for. Its body mounts in a 1 3/8" hole, and a gasket is provided to seal against a round pole.
The other is much smaller and mounts in an approximately 7/16" hole. It might fit a 3/8" hole with a little reaming. I bought one to add a light control to an existing outdoor fixture. I lost the paperwork, but it may be the one at <http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumberV79-30209-ALR-AA-105-BP- LOWES&langId=-1&storeId151&productId438344&catalogId051&cmRelshpreq&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1>.
There is a similar one mounted on a wall plate at <http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?ipTrailu.202.102.147&catalogId0 51&productId437262&selectedLocalStoreBeanArray=%5Bcom.lowes.commerce.st orelocator.beans.LocatorStoreBean%4013771377%5D&cmRelshp=req&storeNumber0504&langId=-1&cId=PDIO1&partNumber025-30209-ALR-AA-105W-BP-LOWES&stor eId151&rel=nofollow>.
Fred
I USED to have photocells burn out / fail a lot, till one day I saw my inca ndescent bulb go white hot burn out, so I replaced the bulb but the photoce ll was dead:( But at least I had a idea of what was killing them:)
So I replaced the photo cell AGAIN but tried a CFL instead of the incandesc ent....
that photo cell is going strong perhaps 5 or 8 years old. I did lose a coup le CFLs the photo cell causes a diming effect that killed CFLs. so I used t he more expensive dimmable CFLs but about a month ago upgraded to a LED bul b. 10 watts power used for 60 watts of nice brite white light.
I have a timer thats making a grinding sound on this circuit, I had it set to be light on from 6AM till midnite, and the photocell only lights the bul b when its dark.
but with the bulbs power usage so low, it may well exceed the running watts of the timer....... how wierd is that?
when I get ambitious I will check this out. may toss the timer in the trash its done its job for perhaps 20 years.
I really like the light quality of the LED, and plan on replacing as many b ulbs around here as possible once I confirm the LED is durable
I thought about having the photocell power a relay, which would solve the OPs problem
On Thursday, February 2, 2012 11:40:56 AM UTC-8, Molly Brown wrote:

Hello,
Yes, I had the same problem as you. But no worries, the new, improved, part number is Keystone PS-80-1 which is made by the same company UR and it IS the exact replacement for E127584. You can Google "Keystone PS-80-1" And, h ere is a link to the technical sheet where I purchase my replacement part:
http://www.lightbulbsurplus.com/media/data/KT-42005.pdf
On Thursday, February 2, 2012 at 2:40:56 PM UTC-5, Molly Brown wrote:

http://aol.nextag.com/100%20WATT%20%20LED%20LIGHT%20BULB/zzaolcobrandzB1z0- -search-html;jsessionid7154C8653140C318767F93574583CA?nxtge0a5005 19-DFDED47900FC01CF&utm_campaign=refTracker&utm_source=http%3A%2F%2Fsea rch.aol.com%2Faol%2Fsearch&utm_medium=gotoDotJsp&flv=1
This was a quick search,100 watt equivalent use under 20 watts of power..
i have saved big bucks on electric here, have converted near all lights to led

Bob-
Thanks for the link. I know they are out there! The trouble is that they cost a lot to try, only to find out they ruin radio reception.
I think I will try the CREE and Phillips bulbs. Some of theirs have been the best for 60 Watt equivalent.
Walmart has their own LED bulbs that are sometimes cheaper than name-brands. Their 60 Watt equivalent (Non Dimmable) seems OK, but their 100 Watt equivalent does not.
Fred
On Monday, August 10, 2015 at 6:15:47 PM UTC-4, Fred McKenzie wrote:

if it messes with radio reception just return it within a few days, stores expect a percentage of returns.
years ago i bought a wireless motion light controller only to find out it interfered with my favorite radio show bruce williams. i was very disappointed, the controller worked very well, but wiped out 1410 kqv completely
On Thursday, February 2, 2012 at 2:40:56 PM UTC-5, Molly Brown wrote:

Purchased an LED outdoor lamp from Costco earlier in 2015 and installed it. Was working great but burned out the photocell and I'm trying to replace that switch. Hard to find one that has a curved body like the E127584. I can see that the thing is rated only 32W, which is woefully inadequate. Fo rtunately, it didn't burn out beyond the unit itself. Lasted about 8 month s.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

PG-
Take a look at the "Utilitech Swivel Photo Control" sold by Lowes.
<http://www.lowes.com/pd_7955-30209-ALR-TL-115-BP-LOWES_1z0v12l__?product Id438410&pl=1>
When a photocell is mounted internal to the light, heat may shorten its life. This photocell mounts externally, possibly in the same hole as the original. If it would fit your light, it might solve your curved body problem.
Fred
On Thursday, February 2, 2012 at 11:40:56 AM UTC-8, Molly Brown wrote:

I purchased my home from William Lyons in San Diego and these outdoor light s came with the home. After a period of time, the lights were staying on l ater and later in the morning and lately, they are still on at noon until t he sun starts to hit the photocell. The photocell works, as I can place my thumb over the cell and the light will come on, and as well, I can shine a light on the cell and it will shut off. I called the company that made th e light, and of course the clueless customer service person stated that the y had never had a problem with the photocell. I bought a replacement at ho me depot, but it did not work for the 13 watt fluorescent bulb. I've tried cleaning the lens on the cell but it doesn't help. Last resort, I tried pl astic buffing agent to get more light through the lens. We'll see. It's h ard to fathom that these are energy efficient when they stay on all day. T hey're not supposed to work that way.
Steve-San Diego
On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 15:31:34 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Hey, Clueless,
Did you look at the date the OP made the request?
Yes, I have had problems with Photocell E127584 MESSAGES coming back from the dead, specifically this one from 2012!
--
Bobby G.

On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 20:07:37 -0500, "Robert Green"

Aren't Google Groupers wonderful!
On Thursday, February 2, 2012 at 1:40:56 PM UTC-6, Molly Brown wrote:

Outdoor lights installed in 2011. First one failed in 2014 and replaced it and it failed now. I will probably use timer switches now.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Timer switches can fail too. I think my failures were heat related, with the photocell mounted close to a hot light. I replaced one with an externally mounted photocell, and it seems to be holding up.
See <http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/418/NG_DS_E332_1410-735863.pdf . It is also available at Lowes as part number ALR-TL-115-BP-LOWES.
Fred
replying to Molly Brown , Richard Banville wrote:

I have had an outside light for 5 Years. All of a sudden the light quit working. I put a meter on it and there was power going to the photo cell, when I would cover the photocell I could hear a clicking sound but there was no power going to the light bulb.