Please recommend non-telco long distance service?

Page 2 of 2

3.9 cents a minutes Phone cards at either Sam's Club or Costco..about $ 20 and they can be "refilled" as you go

www.yak.com 10-10-925 then 1 A/C and number.
Dial all in a row, no waiting for prompts.
5 cents a minute North America US & Canada, day nite weekends etc
Billing comes on your regular phone bill
The answer depends upon your long distance usage,. especially if you need international calls. Some of the suggestions you're receiving don't consider international calls, which are important to me. My Embarq LD plan costs $3.00 per month and US LD calls are $.10 per minute. International calls are also at an attractive rate which varies by country.
One family member living in England signed up with Vonage and was given a Virginia telephone number. That means I can call him from my cell phone at no cost (within my time limits) or landline for $.10 / minute, which is very economical for me.
Embarq is my local phone co., and I have several other complaints, but their LD service is good.

http://www.skype.com /
Bob M wrote:

We went all cell phone (Verizon) and dropped the land line altogether. Haven't missed the land line at all. Kevin

theres a box you plug your cell phone into when home that activates the old wired phones
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Where does one get such a box??
Lou

google cell socket, recent ones use bluetooth phones
heres just one link
http://www.coolproductz.com /
Bob M wrote:

Total Call International: http://www.totalcallusa.com/longdistance/residential /
No monthly fees or minimums 3.9 cents / minute.

Try Marathon USA

There are many different ways to VoIP. Learn the basics at: cqVoIPCall - www.cqvoip.info
There are VoIP service providers that are very versitile as to how you access the VoIP networks. You can access using PC, VoIP ATA phone adapters, or using Calling Card access gateway numbers using regular phone or mobile. Learn how to roll your own customized VoIP calling cards at: www.cqvoip.com