Please recommend non-telco long distance service?

Vonage box plugs into router or switch or hub (just another device on your local LAN)

MJ uses a USB port on a PC, with all the issues that go with that.

Reply to
Reed

The answer depends upon your long distance usage,. especially if you need international calls. Some of the suggestions you're receiving don't consider international calls, which are important to me. My Embarq LD plan costs $3.00 per month and US LD calls are $.10 per minute. International calls are also at an attractive rate which varies by country.

One family member living in England signed up with Vonage and was given a Virginia telephone number. That means I can call him from my cell phone at no cost (within my time limits) or landline for $.10 / minute, which is very economical for me.

Embarq is my local phone co., and I have several other complaints, but their LD service is good.

Reply to
JimR

vinny had written this in response to

:

------------------------------------- Reed wrote:

Another vote for Onesuite. Onesuite saved me $$$ over the years. BTW, they got voip feature that means more savings and more access.

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 317267 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
vinny

works perfect

We went all cell phone (Verizon) and dropped the land line altogether. Haven't missed the land line at all. Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Ricks

g distance

theres a box you plug your cell phone into when home that activates the old wired phones

Reply to
hallerb

Where does one get such a box??

Lou

Reply to
LouB

Total Call International:

No monthly fees or minimums 3.9 cents / minute.

Reply to
M Q

Try Marathon USA

** Posted from
**
Reply to
nick hull

google cell socket, recent ones use bluetooth phones

heres just one link

hallerb

There are many different ways to VoIP. Learn the basics at: cqVoIPCall -

There are VoIP service providers that are very versitile as to how you access the VoIP networks. You can access using PC, VoIP ATA phone adapters, or using Calling Card access gateway numbers using regular phone or mobile. Learn how to roll your own customized VoIP calling cards at:

CQ VoIP Call