Please Pinpoint This Phone Problem

Rainy or even damp weather causes loud static and sometimes kills the dial tone altogether. When it dries out, everything's OK.
1) I tested a phone on the outside interface box. It checked out OK. Nice clear dial tone, no static.
2) Tested several (but not all) jacks in the house. All of those tested revealed the loud static.
3) I have a service contract with telco, even for the inside wiring, but they cannot get to the house until next week.
The problem's obviously inside, but can you suggest a specific location. Thanks, M
Murriel wrote:

sounds like water is getting on the wires or connections
You will have to isolate the phone line when you test it. All of the phone jacks in your house are typically in parallel. Which means if you have a problem on one line, all of the others will be affected. Similiar to if you had a short on one of your electical outlets, the breaker will trip and affect all of the outlets on that circuit until you isolate the problem. Check to see if all of the phone lines in your house run to the interface box. If it does, you can isolate the wires and try each one until you find the problem. If your line runs from jack to jack, you have to go to the first jack, remove the wiring to the rest of the house, and test the line there, then repeat at the next jack until you find the bad line.
Mikepier wrote:

    In addition to the above, it could be another phone device plugged into the house wiring that is causing the noise. Have you (Murriel) removed ALL other modems, phones or other devices from the internal wiring when you tested it??????

I've never been to your house so how can I be specific?
Any of the jacks in a damp location? You may have to disconnect it to see if it makes a difference. One by one, all the jacks.
Murriel wrote:

did u test with all phones unplugged?
--
Respectfully,