please help - need 1900 box to single gang plate

this is actually work related... and I am googling furiously but figured I would post and see if someone could say "Oh, that's a Raco part no. xxxxx" or something like that. I find myself in need of a small quantity of plates, similar to a flat mud ring, but with a flange - reason I need them is installer cut in 1900 boxes into ceiling tile for devices that are actually single gang size. If they were painted white that would be even more splendiferous, but spray painting is an option. (only need about 25 of them.)
any help appreciated!
thanks
nate
Raco P/N 8772, home depot carries them.....is this what you are looking for? http://tinyurl.com/3fvqgoj

Not exactly... I need something that can go on a flush mounted 1900box and mount a single gang device w/o looking "unprofessional" - so flat, paintable or painted, and at least 4.5" square.
nate

That is the best way to make it look professional.

Unfortunately it would appear that you are correct. Not sure if it is 2x2 or 2x4 but it's one or the other. Looks like I found another "they oughta make that but they don't" part.
nate

It can be nearly impossible for an "engineer" to discern between squares and rectangles.

There's another golden nugget for your resumay.
You must be among the most valuable of "engineers" of your "employer". -----
- gpsman

I know you'll find this hard to believe, but sometimes I'm sitting in the office and people call me with questions. Sometimes about jobs that I haven't physically been to in months. And in the grand scheme of things, does it really matter what size/shape the ceiling tiles are, unless I'm the guy ordering the new ones?

I know you won't believe it, but my employer would likely miss me greatly if I left, even though I haven't worked in an engineering capacity for something like six years now. Something about having a functional clue, something I know you have little experience with.
nate

already installed.
I would assume you need a flat plaster ring and use an oversized cover maybe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt7YrENi1-A

Google "flat 1900 plaster ring"

*My first thought is the Raco Retro Ring for mounting 4" square boxes in old work applications: http://www.hubbell-raco.com/feat_item.aspx?feature 3
You can buy wide wallplates with the device opening in the middle, but most likely they won't be a stock item. Consult your local electrical supply company for them.
It would be very helpful if you could post some pictures.

you're thinking backwards from what I need... I've used the retro- ring before and it's a lifesaver although it appears that now other companies are getting on the old work 1900 box bandwagon. (great for FA speakers) what I need to do is to mount a FA strobe which is only slightly larger than a single gang box to a 1900 box.
Or, as someone else suggested, simply tell the installer he's going to have to rework those few boxes and hope that the bldg. engineer has extra ceiling tiles and is in a good mood... (probably the ideal solution, really)
nate