Please help me with my DAMP basement.

I've been living in the same house for over 25 years.

Last year I noticed that my dehumidifier was pulling over a gallon of water each day. This was much more than I was used to ( 1-2 gal a week).

This summer its pulling out 2-3 gallons a day and the temp/humidity of my basement is 80 degrees @ 70% humidity. The dehumidifier is constantly on and it hasn't rained here for a few days (although days are humid).

I checked all of my leaders and gutters. OK

The only thing I can think of is that there is a drain pipe that leads from the kitchen and laundry room that runs under my basement concrete floor to the sewer drain at the front of the house. Is it possible that this pipe is broken ? Would this lead to moisture under the house? And if so can I test the pipe and fix it?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Very truly,

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce K.

Moisture from rain will be in the soil for weeks as it migrates down and enters through your walls. Have you had more rain than normal. Are gutters and downspouts clean.

Reply to
m Ransley