Please help me figure out why my dishwasher gets stuck in the next to last rinse

I have an Amana Master Clean 9010 dishwasher with electronic touchpad controls. It's ~10 years old. For the last 2 years or so, about half the time, the dishwasher gets 'stuck' at the 11 minutes left mark and stays there unless I unlatch/relatch the door to interrupt the cycle. When the machine gets 'stuck,' the machine doesn't stop, it just stays at 11 minutes, continuing the wash cycle. If I do nothing, it'll stay stuck at the 11 minute mark forever. After I unlatch/relatch the door, the machine immediately drains normally, resumes counting down, moves on to the next rinse, and completes normally.
What has me scratching my head is that it only happens about half the time. There's no error code. And it happens with the same ~50% frequency at the 11 minute mark whether I choose regular wash, pots and pans, or light wash. It's quite frustrating, because I don't feel safe starting a load before leaving for the day.
Anyone have a clue as to what's going on and how I might correct it?
Abe wrote:

Hi, Tried washing at different time of the day? Or could you master reset the controller? Or you have intermittent control unit. Tony

Hi,
Cute name, model#?
Check the wire diagram that comes with the unit as it should have a timer chart ( what happens when during the cycle ) and see what happens or is suppose to happen at that point....timer stalls while d/w is heating up the water?...timer stalls when the jetdry is dispensed?....ect.