Please help: Frigidaire Gallery Front Loader Washer Leak

Hi,

I hope somebody can take a look at the picture and tell me what's wrong.

[url]
It's a Frigidaire Gallery HE (front loading) washer, about 7 years old.

This is the picture of the bottom part of the washer, with lower front panel off.

Just to the right of the motor, at the bottom of the drum housing there's two screws. You can actually see a drop of water under the one on the left. When washer goes into high-speed spin (and I am not even using the highest speed setting) there's a visible leak from where two halves of the lower housing meet, right under this screw. Basically about two-three drops per second.

I suspect that the seal needs to be replaced - is this correct ? Is this a DIY job ? And if I call service, what kind of repair bill am I looking at?

I appreciate any help ! We've got two kids so this needs to be taken care of quickly !

Reply to
Passerby

I'll correct that URL a bit. No charge.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Try snugging up those hex head screws a bit. They may have loosened up and if you're lucky you might get a reprieve.

Reply to
Roger W

And if that doesn't work leave a bowl underneath the leak and empty it out after each load. I'll bet it's cheaper than a service call or new washer!

Reply to
badgolferman

Hi, Ditto.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Also, don't let the kids hang off that door. We had one housemate who was using the door as a support while loading and unloading clothes, and that stessed the hex heads and created a leak.

Reply to
KLS

Mine is same age and doing exactly same thing. I pulled my manual and reciept and it shows I have a 10 year warranty. I will be contacting the place I purchased it which also does repair.

Reply to
sauman