PLEASE HELP Contractor NOW wants money!!! (little long)

"Nate" wrote

Should be:

You _sound_ really immature by using every excuse you can.

Reply to
Nate
1) Yes, I have had his trailer for a long time.

2)Yes, for a long time.

3) Yes for a long time, and he couldn't use it.

4) No words were spoken over duration or monetary.

5) Your point being........??????????

P.S. one neighbor had cancer, next cardic, 3rd has deformed arm.. and the 4th who could help me ,worked weekdays and could only help weekends... which were raining cats/dogs.(now, he's trying to get daughter into college)

P.S.S. If I had KNOWN of the charges, I would've hired help for about HALF of what I am trying to be charged NOW!

Reply to
DaddyMonkey

you can do this... you can do that...

..and what do you do when it's pouring rain outside and you have to cut the grass? Be a man? yeahrightsure

Don't gimme that macho BS!

Maybe within YOUR business you can afford on spending OTHER peoples hard-earned dollars, and I bet if you were to be a man (ie literate) and read the full posts AND IT BEING YOUR COMPANY, or YOUR hard earned dollar, maybe you'd think twice before posting some ignorant message such as " I am mighty and I can-do-it-all"

Reply to
DaddyMonkey

we al do it form time to yime! LOL

Reply to
DaddyMonkey

Can't thank you enough Xeroid!

Your advice was right on the money (so to speak)... If within court, your judgement would be true and shooting straight!

It's true. I never stated how long I'd need the trailer... and, it's true, the company never stated how long I could use it... No monetary terms where spoken before-hand, so.......

Full price of the shed(s) being moved is expected, and full price of the PROFIT of the trailer is negotiated.

Good job X

Reply to
DaddyMonkey

There is no contract here. Contracts, written or oral, must contain certain elements such as a consideration, a definite time period, mutual agreement on the terms, competent parties, etc., most of which are missing here. Both of the parties were negligent in reaching an understanding. Seems it's time for them to agree that there was no mutual understanding and work out a reasonable settlement.

SJF

Reply to
SJF

We don't know whether there was a contract. We have only heard one side of the story.

Reply to
Art

True. This contractor and I need to come to an agreement... but in all honesty, I'm a little spooked to start signing papers now, this late in the game.

It IS HIS trailer and my sheds have not been relocated. I really don't want to get 'snotty' with him because he still has to move my sheds after the the yard is levelled. Most all of my sheds continents are within his trailer... he could 'jerk' this trailer out from under me at any minute.

Reply to
DaddyMonkey

Believe me, there has not, nor has there ever been ANY type of contract, written, verbal, or implied. ..I wouldn't be going through this string of replies if it were not so.

I'm an old country boy... we didn't sign-on-the-line; shake on it; talk about it; spit on it; or nothing!

His business is close to my home. He knows, as well as I, how the weather has been. (24+ inches rain this summer).

Reply to
DaddyMonkey

If the price is fair pay him , but let him know you didnt have to as no price was discussed. Fair is fair. If it is excessive that is different, better friends than enemies.

Reply to
m Ransley

I am an ASE certified Master Automotive Technician (toot-toot) (really, I am)

(Hypothetical situation follows) You bring your car to me on Friday and tell me about a fluid leak. I do the diagnostics for free... and tell you about the coolant leak. "I'm sorry, but its your water-pump" "How much is THAT gonna cost me"?, you ask About $200, parts and labor...

You drop-off your car on Monday morning and the job is completed before lunch-time. NO repair orders have been signed.

Meantime, your 2.3 kids get sick, wife has been sprayed by a skunk, 3 hurricanes have struck... whatever

YOU call back a month from Friday and say, "It's going to be the following week before I can pick up my car..." ...but,I can't help you, because the manager is on vacation, HE makes all of the decisions. He will be back TWO weeks from now.

Monday, two weeks later, there's a message on your voice-mail... "HEY! This is Mr. soNso... your bill is getting excessive... there's a $50 per hour storage fee to keep holding your car here. What do you want us to do?

What WOULD you do?

Reply to
DaddyMonkey

Well spoken! Better friends than enemy

I think I'm gonna offer him HALF (50/50) and see what happens

Reply to
DaddyMonkey

I'd find out what the going rate was for vehicle storage and pay the shop that. I can't expect the shop to store my car for free. BUT your scenario above does not match your own, the extra 2 weeks from the manager is not in your situation. I would owe for the month at the normal rate, hardly $50/hour for storage.

- Robert

Reply to
American Mechanical

Pay him. He provided a service, you used it. You owe him. It's got nothing to do with the weather.

Reply to
fatman985

True, he has nothing to do with the weather.

I'd glady pay him if words were spoken, but they weren't.

As I stated earlier, If I had know BEFORE-hand of the cost, I could have easily hired a landscaper to move/level the dirt.

THAT would have been 200-300 dollars, NOW I'm looking at a 500-600 dollar bill!

Reply to
DaddyMonkey

"DaddyMonkey" wrote

Yawn.....More excuses....Typical of a deadbeat

Reply to
Nate

You really don't get it...you expect someone you had one commercial contact with 15 years previously to provide you with something for nothing.

You say you went to him for help...what kind of help did you ask for? Did you ask him what he would charge for the help? If not, why in the world did you expect freebie help?

The man is in business. Businesses charge. The fact that "no words were spoken" is your fault, not his. Quit whining and pay up. _______________

And naturally you called the trailer guy, told him that your project was taking longer than you anticipated and asked him if that caused him a problem. Naaa, you didn't do that, you'd rather wait until your tractor owning neighbor has time to move/level it for free. ______________________

And the longer you screw around the higher it will be.

-- dadiOH _____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

"DaddyMonkey" wrote

Very poor analogy... You seem to forget there has been a 5 months lapse in time period.

Reply to
Nate

"DaddyMonkey" wrote

What does you neighbors have to do with your responsibilities? That's my point! Are you helpless unless someone helps you? Moving dirt is not rocket science, even though you may think it is.

Reply to
Nate

No. I'm not putting the blame on someone else.

No. moving dirt is not rocket science

Again I state my case, If HE had just told me BEFORE-hand of the charge being implied, I could have had this dirt moved by a landscaper for 200-300 bucks... now the bill is 550 plus.

Reply to
DaddyMonkey